Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008!


This year for halloween I decided to dress the girls up as a cowgirl and and indian. I figured that this is probably the last year that I can really make Brooklynn do something that goes along with Anniston's costume. They looked so cute and they had a lot of fun even though I am a total party-pooper when it comes to trick or treating. I hate it. Not because it's not fun and that kids don't love it, I hate it because there are so many creepy people out there these days. We only let the kids go to people we know, and that is not many. Even though we live in a large condo complex, I think I know less than 1/4 of them. I am just so paranoid about safety and my kids. Of course it doesn't help that on Thursday night we got a phone call from the school district saying that some guy has been trying to lure kids into his truck with candy right near Brooklynn's school. WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH PEOPLE????? One really cool thing about the whole ordeal is that they have been drilling "stranger danger" into the kids heads now. I mean A LOT...Brooklynn came home that day and said to me "Mom, I will never talk to a stranger but if someone comes and grabs me and tries to take me, I am gonna bite, scratch, kick, scream and try to get someone's attention." I was so glad to hear that come out of her mouth!!! We have talked to her about not talking to strangers, but we had never really gotten into what she should do if someone actually tries to take her. It was nice to hear that she is learning it at school.

But anyways, sorry to get off subject, Halloween was fun for the kids. We went to a "haunted house" (that's what Brooklynn calls it) at the McQuarrie's house. We have gone for the last couple of years and it is fun for the kids and the food is awesome. We also went to my parents house and to Webster's. The kids didn't get a whole lot of candy, but that is better for me since I am the one who seems to eat it anyway!

4 comments:

Brittoni said...

those costumes are way cute. That white truck that the school was warning everyone about happened to Tyler's sister's little girl. We got a phone call that Rachel was out playing infront of their house and the truck pulled up and a guy told her to get in and she ran from them. Pretty scary! It is really sad that we have to be so protective of our children now days.

Staci said...

Man those two girls are cute! I bet they had so much fun. I saw the report on the news about the attempted kidnapping in Midway... It totally freaked me out and I don't even live there anymore!

Brooke said...

What super cute girls you have! I did hear about the attempted kidnapping too, and it made me want to drill into my kids what to do if someone ever tried to do that to them!

Britt said...

Cute costumes! Sage was an indian too. I wish she would have had a wig like Brooklynn. I really like the Berenstein Bears book about Strangers. It's a great way to start talking about strangers with kids. Kudos to the school for helping out on that one.