Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This last weekend, for the first time in my married life, I went and spent the night away with some cousins. Can you believe that! I have never been away, by myself. Wade has been gone, my kids have been gone, I have been away with my family, but I have never done it...alone. The funnny thing is, I didn't even know it until Wade said to me "Nothing better ever happen to you, because it is just not the same putting our kids to bed when I know that you aren't coming home." (No, he wasn't trying to guilt me, he has just never thought about it before.)
It was fun. Really fun. We saw the movie Twilight, went shopping, had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, talked on the phone to a friend that we haven't talked to in many years (Total HIGHLIGHT), and then stayed up late talking and laughing. It was lots of fun. I hope that it won't be the last time we do it!

4 comments:

Erin said...

It certainly won't be the last time! We had WAY too much fun!

Brittoni said...

You need to do that at least once a year. I always try to have some kind of a girls trip every year.

Brooke said...

We are SO doing that again. I agree with you about the highlight. . . :)

Britt said...

We WILL do it again next year! We deserve it.