Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!??????

The other day, I was taking Brooklynn to school and this is the conversation we had:

Brooklynn: Mom, I really like Marack Obama
Me: Hon, I'm not sure that you do....I think he might be a nice person, but I'm not sure that he should be our next president.
Brooklynn: No mom, I really like Marack Obama. Don't you?
Me: Well, I won't be voting for him. I will be voting for John McCain. That's who I like (best).
Brooklynn: Why?
Me: Because he believes (more of) the same things that I belive in. I think that you like Barack Obama because he has a really cool name.
Brooklynn: Yea...I like him because he has a cool name but I also like him because he kinda looks like Tiger Woods. (She LOVES Tiger Woods!!!!)

Then today as I was getting out of bed, I mentioned to her that Wade and I need to go and vote today. She said to me "Don't forget to vote for John McCain!!! He believes the same as we do."

Kids remember EVERYTHING!

(I am not really thrilled about either candidate, but I will still be voting. I hope that everyone does and that they have really educated themselves about both McCain and Obama and then vote how they feel.)

5 comments:

Erin said...

Marack. Maybe that's what you should name your next baby!

Erin said...

P.S. Of course she's adorable!

Brooke said...

Landen thinks I should vote for Barack because he likes his name too. I am so excited to vote! I love feeling like I have a say.

Reeders said...

So cute! I love getting to hear about these little moments that we don't get to see much of!

camery said...

okay, laughed out loud. then read it to my family and they all laughed out loud. she is quite the whippersnapper!