We celebrated Anniston's 2nd birthday while we were gone. We took the kids to Goofy's Kitchen to for the occasion. It was not what we expected, and we (me & Wade & my parents) were not impressed. The kids, one the other hand, enjoyed themselves quite a bit. That is really all that matters, but I don't think I will be returning any time soon. (or ever)
The girls got their faces painted at the princess fair. I couldn't get a good picture of Annie's face but it was darling. She got some butterflies on her cheeks and Brooklynn chose to get a heart crown. DisneyLand has everything!
This is Prince Phillip (thanks Adaire)...Sleeping Beauty's husband. He was one of the characters that stopped by our table to wish Anniston a Happy Birthday. He was a good little flirt. Between him and Aladdin, I think both of my girls, especially Brooklynn, were completely smitten.
Anniston LOVES Pluto!! She calls him Tuto, but whatever. She thinks he is the greatest dog ever to walk the earth. Look at the grin on her face. She was sooooooo excited!
The Birthday girl! Can I just say how lucky I am to be her mom. She has such a beautiful personality and she is so much fun. She is as smart as they come, and I couldn't be more proud of her. I can't believe it has been 2 years since she came to our family. I still sometimes wonder why she chose our crazy family, but then I realize that we are all a perfect fit! (Now, if we can just get another one!?!)
Ahhh, Jack and Sally...Anniton and Brooklynn LOVE the movie "The Nightmare before Christmas" so needless to say, they were thrilled to meet these two. The Haunted Mansion was totally decked out from that movie as well and it was amazing....AMAZING! I couldn't believe all of the work that had to have been put into it. AMAZING!!!! (did I say that already?)
Captain Jack Sparrow! Pirates of the Carribean was Brooklynn's most favorite ride. By the 7th time we rode, it she had both of her arms in the air when we went down the waterfalls. It was so fun to see her get so excited about it. Every single day we were there she wouldn't quit asking about it and talking about it until we had ridden it.
HOLY smack I have a lot of pictures. Woody and Jesse...so cute....what more can I say?
Cute Costume Goofy!
Pooh and the Grandparents. I don't like Pooh, and the sad part is that it really has nothing to do with the show or anything. When I was a teenager, a lot of grown women wore Pooh and Piglet shirts other clothing like overalls, and I thought it was so lame, and ever since then I guess you could say that I have sort of been a little annoyed with Pooh and friends...I know, I am wierd.
While my parents and Brooklynn wandered down the beach looking for sea shells, Anniston wanted nothing to do with it. So, we sat and threw rocks in the ocean instead. She must have gotten her dislike of the water from her dad. He is not a big fan of it either. I had to beg him to come close enough to get a family photo. He said that it was too cold, but that was just an excuse, because it really wasn't that cold at all!



SeaWorld was a lot of fun, but I think that we were all so tired from waking up early to catch our flight that we didn't get to enjoy it as much and we have in the past. Brooklynn was completely facinated by Shamu and the other killer whales. It was fun to watch her face as she watched it all.
Here is my favorite part of SeaWorld, Clyde and Seymore. They are histarical. This time of year the had a bunch of halloween songs and themes that they danced to. I think that this is a picture of them dancing to Thriller....So good for this time of year!
Brooklynn on the plane. She was so nervous but she was trying to be brave. Right before we took off she held my hand and told me that she was scared. I decided that we ought to have a little prayer to help calm her (and my) nerves. So we did just that and belive it or not, she seemed to be much better afterwards. I know that I was. I hate to fly these days, I am such a scardy cat anymore. I don't know what has happened to me, I used to be kind of a dare devil, but I think since I have had children, I have become a little more fearful of the "what ifs".
Both of the kids did so good on the plane and I would do that again in a heartbeat. We just read books and colored and they were happy. Right before we landed both ways, Annie started to get a little restless, but hey, so did I. So that's our trip in a nutshell. We did go to Universal Studios as well, but it wasn't that great. It is definatly more for adults. The kids favorite part was the escalator and the water fall. We could have done that at the hotel!!!!
I am glad that we went and I am glad to be home and that we had such a fun time. My parents are awesome and total troopers. They helped take the kids so Wade and I could have some time to do the bigger rides and go to the shops. It was great having them there. My kids are lucky! Until next time!!!!

5 comments:
it looks like you guys had a blast. Your girls looked like they loved every minute of it. What little girl wouldn't have liked to have spent their birthday in disneyland. Oh and, I feel the same way about whinnie the pooh too. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I see grownups wearing those kind of clothes.
Wow, you really had a fabulous time! I love all of the pictures. And getting to see all of those characters. Awesome!
I'm so jealous! I would love to do this with my kids before I have another baby! It probably won't happen though, it is nowhere in the near future for us. Looks like you guys had a really great time!
Looks like you guys had so much fun! We missed you. What a fun place to spend Anniston's birthday. The pictures on the beach are great too.You'll have to show me the rest of your pics sometime. I do have one question....I thought prince Phillip is Sleeping Beauty's husband. But then, its been years since I've seen any of the cartoons. I'll have to learn these things before I have kids. Glad you guys are back. Stop by my mom's house on Halloween anytime from 6:00 on if you don't have any Halloween plans.
I'm jealous! I've been trying to talk Andrew into going to Disneyland with no luck. I'm glad that you had a great time.
Post a Comment