Anniston is quite the little talker lately. She wants to call everyone and she just jabbers on and on about anything and everything. Tonight at Webster's, Ruth's phone was ringing but no one could hear it....Annie picked it up and started to talking. I finally noticed and told Ruth that I thought she might really be talking to someone. Anniston handed the phone to Ruth and sure enough, it was the lady that Ruth works for. I am not really sure how long they talked for but Janet (Ruth's boss) go quite a kick out of it.
Whatever Brooklynn does, Anniston just wants to be with her and do whatever she is doing. They love each other so much. Brooklynn loves to play games on the computer. She is eally good at it and there are so many good, educational, and free games on the internet. I turned on the computer the other day for Brooklynn to play, thinking that she could have a little "alone" time to do something by herself. No such luck.....but luckily she didn't mind. She pulled up a chair for her and let her watch. What a nice big sister.
My mom bought the girls some really cute dresses a couple of months ago and I never had tights to go with them. I finally bought some yesterday and while I was at it, I bought some cute sweaters to go with them. (Good thing since the weather decided to get really cold this weekend.) They looked so adorable. I asked if I could get a picture and they both went and sat on the steps and smiled for me. Boy was I pleasently suprised.
Church was good. I had to do sharing time....not my greatest lesson this week. It was definately one that I needed to read and teach though. It was about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. I am not the greatest example of doing this. We sometimes hit Costco and Target on Sundays just so we don't have to fight the Provo crowds. Not a great excuse, I know, but we are going to try to be better. It was definately one of the "practice what you preach" moments for me. I know that it's a commandment, and really it isn't a hard thing to do, I just need to do it!DisneyLand in 7 days...Brooklynn is counting down the days. I am a little nervous about the flight. It is at 8:30am, so I am thinking dramamine is out of the question (last time I gave it to Broolynn, I couldn't get her to wake up and it was hard to carry her in one arm and the luggage in the other.) I am hoping that because the flight is just a little over an hour, some books and snacks will be all it takes to keep them occupied. Anyone have any other suggestions? My ultimate goal is just to keep them from driving the other passengers crazy. An hour and a half can seem like an awfully long time if your kids aren't behaving!
And so I begin a busy week...50 hours at work, enrichment night (super Tuesday), and a Primary presidency meeting. Good thing we are going on vacation soon!
3 comments:
Oh man your girls are ADORABLE!!! I am so excited that you guys are going to Disneyland... You're girls are old enough now just to be excited to go on a plane, I'm sure they will do great... You could always take the laptop with a DVD to keep them entertained??? When you get back call me and we will make a date to go to Thanksgiving Point, or Discovery Gateway and go swimming at the rec center...
The video ipod is great for planes, it's small, you don't have to pack extra dvds, etc. I keep mine in my purse, it's great for riding in the stroller too. If you don't have one, I'd recommend getting one.
you know what you mean about all the stress that comes along with kids and airplanes. We knew we were going to South Carolina and that was a very long airplane ride. Philip did extra chores and earned money for a nintendo ds (gameboy) I was against it at first but man, the kids took turns on it on the airplane and it worked wonders with them. Ellie loves listening to her cd player through her headphones on the plane too. My friend just got back from DisneyLand and said it looks soo magical right now the way it is all decorated for Halloween. Have fun!
Post a Comment