Friday, October 17, 2008

CRAZY ducks!



The other night, Wade and I decided to take the girls to feed the ducks. Now, anyone that knows me will know that this is somewhat of a stretch for me. I hate birds. I mean I......HATE.....BIRDS!!! When I was little, I had a little run in with a mama black bird protecting her nest and ever since then I have had a (pretty unreasonable) fear of them. But I knew that my girls would have a lot of fun so I sucked it up, got a loaf of bread and we took them to feed the ducks. These ducks aren't like most I've ever been around...they have no fear of people. They came right up to us, within 1 foot or less, and practically ate right out of the girls hands. The sad part is, I am afraid that I have passed on my lame fear of them, just a bit. When we first got there and they saw that we had food, the ducks came right for us. At first, Anniston and Brooklynn started laughing but as soon as they got within their "personal space" they started screaming and running from them and the ducks just chased after them. It was kinda funny, because it made me realize how silly I must look when I freak out about birds. We all laughed and laughed, it was really fun. This one little duck really liked Anniston. He would not leave her alone, even when we ran out of bread. It really started to freak her out. I don't blame her one bit, it freaked me out a little too.

3 comments:

Britt said...

You're not alone, I'm not much of a bird fan either, unless they're babies. Sounds like you had fun.

Brooke said...

Who was it that got attacked by a duck at first dam? I thought that was you or Britt. Anyway, I bet it was funny. You should see me run from a spider.

camery said...

your girls are getting sooo big! way to go on passing along the fear of harmless birds. nice. :) just kidding. how many more days until disneyland? have fun you guys! i can't wait to see the pictures!