Wednesday, October 8, 2008


Last Friday Wade and I went out on a date with Will and Adaire. We had this planned for about a week. I had asked my dad if he wanted to watch the girls while we went out and he, of course, said yes. We went to drop them off and I got thinking that this would be the perfect chance to get a picture of JUST me and Wade. (I was looking for a recent one and I couldn't find a single one.) Most of our pictures are of the girls and if there is a parent in any of them it is just one of us. So I asked my dad if he wouldn't mind snapping a couple for us. K- now let me just explain that when I want my kids to take pictures, they won't hold still or smile...they usually don't cooperate very good. Apparently, if we say that we want a picture of just the two of us they are more that happy to jump right in and hold still and smile and be absolutley wonderful. This is one of the pictures. We did get a couple by ourselves, but they are lame!!! (mostly just me)
Anyways, about the date...we saw the movie APALOOSA and had dinner at the Pie. It was a lot of fun. We really need to do that a little more often. My girls had a total ball with Grandpa Brooks. They jumped on the bed, read tons of books and just played until they fell a sleep. It is so fun for them to be able to have sleepovers....it is so nice for Wade and I to be able to sleep in a little, too.
Not too much is new here. Brooklynn is still loving kindergarten and tumbling. She is doing great. She had been practicing non-stop with her kart wheels and hand stands. That's one thing about that girl, she doesn't give up easily on things she really enjoys. (riding her two wheeler bike is another story.)
Anniston is good as well. She went potty on the big girl toilet yesterday....but only one time. That's a start though. I figured that maybe I would really start to try the whole potty training thing after we get home from Disneyland. (We leave in 11 days & we can't wait!) I really didn't want to have to worry about "accidents" on vacation. Other than that though, I think she is really close to being ready. We shall see...I could be totally wrong!

5 comments:

Erin said...

That is a really cute family picture! And I'm glad you got to go on a date.

Are you driving to Disneyland? If you are, you can stop by our house in Cedar City for a potty break. We are only one mile off of the freeway!

Britt said...

I like the picture, it turned out great. Too bad that the pictures of you and Wade didn't turn out. That's why I would like photoshop--to fix those bummers.

If you ever feel like going on a date up this way, remember that we are more than happy to take your kids for a slumber party.

Brooke said...

Lucky you guys getting to go out on a date, and having no kids all night! I wish we could do that. That is a really cute family pic. I wish we could go to Disneyland. SO jealous!

Brittoni said...

way cute family pic. I am jealouse. Both you and Jayne are going to Disneyland. My kids are so deprived. Philip is almost eleven and we've only gone once. We need to fix that. Have tons and tons of fun. How nice to have a night without kids. Gotta love grandparents for that. I don't know what you are talking about. Every picture I see you in, I think you look great!

Adaire and Will said...

That was so much fun. We need to do it again....maybe when Twilight comes out. Very cute picture.