This little contraption may very well be the one item I CANNOT live without. Yesterday after getting out of the shower and blowing my hair dry, I came to realize that my hair straightener had gone caput. This is a really bad thing. I have just about the ugliest natural "wave" to my hair so I desperatley need some help taming the frizz. I kinda went into panic mode and tried to do a few different things with my hair. Since my hair is too short for a ponytail, my options are limited. Let me just say, it wasn't pretty. I got to work and one of the girls I work with said (in a sort of questioning tone) "Candace, you decided to curl your hair today?" I could tell by her tone that she thought it was as lame looking as I did. Oh well....I mean really, who do I need to impress at work? No one, except I had to go meet with Brooklynn and her teacher for some sort of parent-teacher-student goal setting thingy. It seems like every single time I have to meet with her teacher I am looking my very VERY worst. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!! That is just my luck. When I am home with nowhere to go, I end up looking presentable, but when I have someone to meet or somewhere to be, I can't seem to get it together. I just need my hair straightener back....
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
What am I supposed to do now?
This little contraption may very well be the one item I CANNOT live without. Yesterday after getting out of the shower and blowing my hair dry, I came to realize that my hair straightener had gone caput. This is a really bad thing. I have just about the ugliest natural "wave" to my hair so I desperatley need some help taming the frizz. I kinda went into panic mode and tried to do a few different things with my hair. Since my hair is too short for a ponytail, my options are limited. Let me just say, it wasn't pretty. I got to work and one of the girls I work with said (in a sort of questioning tone) "Candace, you decided to curl your hair today?" I could tell by her tone that she thought it was as lame looking as I did. Oh well....I mean really, who do I need to impress at work? No one, except I had to go meet with Brooklynn and her teacher for some sort of parent-teacher-student goal setting thingy. It seems like every single time I have to meet with her teacher I am looking my very VERY worst. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!! That is just my luck. When I am home with nowhere to go, I end up looking presentable, but when I have someone to meet or somewhere to be, I can't seem to get it together. I just need my hair straightener back....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I bought my first straightener in January, and I don't know how I lived so long without one!!! Go to the store NOW and buy one!
You could try to win one on Prizey.net. I just signed up for it. Though the contest does end on the 8th of Oct, so you would have that many days of pathetic looking hair. . . sorry, no better advice. These suckers are expensive!
Ode to the CHI. Worth every penny.
I know how you feel. My hair has some really funcky natural curl to it so I have to blow dry it with a round brush and one morning my blow dryer burned up while I was using it. I freaked. I didn't feel like I could leave the house. There is no way I can let my hair dry natural. Not a pretty sight. Your friend Erin is right. Go buy one NOW!!!
Post a Comment