
Over Labor Day weekend, we went up to Wellsville to visit my Grandma and go to the Founder's Day festivities. Unfortunately, the weather was VERY soggy and cold. As you can see from the picture, I was not entirely prepared for crappy weather. Both of my kids were in summer clothes. We weren't sure if they were going to carry on with the parade, sham battle, dinner and little carnival...they did and we went. We stood outside in the pouring rain for about 40 minutes watching what I used to remember being a fun and float-filled parade. There was only one float...one. Oh well, we had promised Brooklynn and Anniston a parade, and so a "parade" is what they got. It was so funny because after the flag came by at the very beginning of the line up, two girls came with a huge banner that said "Citizen of the Year". However, the citizen was no where to be found. We got a kick out of that. It was still fun for the kids and they ended up with an entire grocery bag full of candy. (I guess kids don't really care if it is soggy from the puddles they got it out of:) We still had a great time and I can't say it enough, but I really enjoy being up there with my Grandma. My girls have so much fun, and my Grandma soaks up every second of it. We love it there.

Brooklynn started tumbling a couple of weeks ago and she LOVES it. This is her leotard and her pose! Wade and I are so glad that she has found something that she enjoys so much. We hope that it will stick and that she will do it for years to come. It is such good exercise and so much fun for her. We have tried T-ball, and although she liked the social aspect of it, she would have been happy just doing kart wheels and head stands in the grass. (Not joking, that is really what she did when she was supposed to be playing 3rd base.) Anyways, just a couple of fun pictures and new things that we did.....nothing TOO exciting.
3 comments:
I'm so glad that I pawned that parade off on someone else...I wasn't in the mood to sit on a soggy trailer and throw candy! I'm glad that you had fun in spite of the weather.
okay...i think you should clear your calender for the summer of 2016 because someone is Olympic bound. That is one awesome leotard! :) Good Luck with tumbling, Brooklynn!
She looks so cute in her leotard and tights! How fun! I would love to come watch her sometime.
Post a Comment