Wednesday, February 27, 2008

One BIG Mistake


So, yesterday Wade and I went to Provo to get some stuff from Costco and to go to the mall for a little shopping. It was nice to get out and wander without the girls. I actually got to look at and try a few things on. (I usually buy things blind, because I don't want to attempt the dressing rooms with 2 kids) I went looking specifically for some new church clothes. As luck would have it, I couldn't find a darn thing. Not one single thing!!! I was a little annoyed, but oh well. That's usually how it goes, if I really NEED something, I don't plan on finding it, but if I have no money and I'm not looking, I always see something cute. So after my failed mission to find clothing for a person of my "build" we went and had dinner at chik-fil-a at the food court. Romantic right? Who cares, it was good! Anyway, as we were leaving the mall, we passed Journeys Kidzb and in the window I spotted some SpongeBob SquarePants crocs. Brooklynn loves.....LOVES SpongeBob. She also LOVES crocs. I ran in the store and bought them. Wade and I were so excited to be able to give them to her. We were convinced she was going to be so exicted. When we got back to the Webster's to pick the girls up, we showed them to her and she was happy, but not terribly excited about them. We were a little disappointed, but not nearly as disappointed as Anniston was that she didn't get a pair, too. Whoops! Little did we know that she would care so much, but she did. As soon as Brooklynn took them off of her feet, Annie was in them saying "pon bob". She was thrilled to be wearing the dumb things. Had I know that she would like them so well, I would have looked for a pair in her size. Wade and I tend to take advantage of the fact that she "doesn't really know" and so we don't buy her treats when we do for Brooklynn. We will definatly be doing less of that! She does know and it probably hurts her feelings a little. (Okay, so maybe not that much but it still makes us feel like jerks!)

2 comments:

Staci said...

Those shoes are AWESOME!!! I was in Provo at Costco and the mall yesterday. I can't believe I didn't run into you... You need to go to Ann Taylor Loft in SL... They have really cute church clothes. Call me and I'll go with you. Or you can look at their website. www.anntaylorloft.com it's not as expensive as the real Ann Taylor and I think cuter because it's not as dressy.

camery said...

HILARIOUS!
You two are such good parents. I want you to know, that I bought the CUTEST skirt at WALMART yesterday! Who'd have guessed. Thank you! I am also in serious need of some church clothes for my post baby body!
I'm in seattle now and it is going horribly. I'll call you on my way home on Monday and fill you in!
Love you guys!
Camery