This is my most favorite picture of me. Isn't it great?Okay, so bear with me....I know that I am going to sound like a total baby, but this is supposed to be a sort of journal for me and my family so I have to be truthful on my feelings sometimes! I know it will be lame, but oh well....
Yesterday I turned 28. That in itself was a little strange. I finally realized that now instead of people thinking that I am in my 20's they will now say...."she's around 30 or so". Not a big deal, I mean Wade just turned 30 and I think it's great, but for me.....not so much. A little strange for some reason. So, I knew the day was not going to be anything too special, I had to work. The people that I work with are really great and they made it as special as they could considering. They bought me lunch and Jayne made me a delicious cake. My boss was nice enough to let me take cell phone calls (which is a total "NO NO" while on the clock) so that I could answer calls from my grandma, Camron, Brittany, Tiffany, my dad, and my kids. So far sounds like a pretty good day, right? It was....then about 20 minutes before it was time to go home a customer comes in and I am helping him, a really nice guy that I have known since I started working there. Fine....then as he is writing out is check, he starts to make small talk. It went a little something like this....
Him: How are you feeling lately? (I should have known where this was going)
Me: Pretty good, getting sick of the snow though. I am ready for the sun to shine a little more.
Him: So, when is the baby due?
What I said was: Oh, I'm not pregnant.
What I wanted to say was: About 16 months ago but thank you sir, for reminding me that I am still fat!
Now, as stupid as that sounds, it put a dent in my whole day. Good day....GONE!!!
Not really....but it did cast a small dark cloud over the rest of the evening. I tried to put on a happy face. When I came home, Wade had cleaned the house and the girls were at the table coloring a birthday picture for me. That ALWAYS puts a smile on my face. My parents came over and treated us to pizza. It was (over all) a pretty decent day. Isn't it funny though, that something so little can make a person feel so crappy?
Wade took me out to dinner on Wednesday and that was a lot of fun. It is always fun to go on a real date with just the 2 of us. It's somewhat of a rare occurance around here, so I will take it when I can get it. My husband is great. He kept telling me how sorry he was that I didn't have a special day. Not his fault. I shouldn't be so lame and let things get to me the wat they do.
1 comment:
Dang cute family Candace! Ive looked at yours before but didnt want you to think I was a blog stocker. We need to catch up! Miss you! Hope all is good! JoAnne
Post a Comment