2 more weeks until Christmas and I have never been soooooo not ready! Wade and I have a date to go out tonite without kids and finish. We have to finish. The next 2 weeks are going to be much to busy and we have to do it today....it's do or die! This year has been hard. We just don't know what to get the girls. It would be so much easier if we had a yard and a bigger house. That way we wouldn't have to worry about where we are going to put things. Most of the time we see fun things for the girls but then we say to each other "they would love that, BUT where are we going to put it?" It makes it hard! Oh well, I am quite certain that no matter what the end up with, they will be happy. My kids are pretty easy to please, thank goodness.
My parents took pictures of us for our Christmas cards and this time they turned out great. (Thanks parents!) My friend, Staci, is making my cards for me on her photo shop program and they have turned out darling. Now I just have to get them picked up and addressed and sent. I am so late this year...hopefully everyone will get them in time. Oh well if they don't....it's still a cute card. THANK YOU STACI!!
So, I was talking to some friends from Washington this past week and I got thinking that of all the places that I have live and all of the friends that I made in high school(s), Camery and Keri are the only two that I still talk to and that I am still good friends with. That makes me pretty lucky. I have 2 people that I can actually still call "friends" and we have known each other for 14 years now. How cool is that? Thanks to both of you! Good friends are hard to come by!
This past Sunday, Wade and I were having a "bad parenting day". We just couldn't get it thru Brooklynns head that she needs to help around the house and she needs to follow instructions no matter if she wants to or not. We had both had it and felt like it was one of those days where we had done nothing but yell at or child all day long. We had been dicussing what we thought we should do about it because TIME OUT just isn't cutting it.....then our home teachers came over. Low and behold, the message was about parenting. Never before have I felt like the message was meant just for us. It is no coincidence that they asked to come over that very day. President Hinckley said in the message "...if you are worried about the future, then look to the upbringing for your children." Wow....talk about pressure. He also said that if you want the spirit of love to grow in the world, begin within the walls of our own homes. I would like to think that we are teaching our kids the kind of things that Heavenly Father wants them to know. Somedays are just hard. I am thankful for our home teachers and now I believe that they really do come for a reason. Sometimes I may not know why or maybe I don't even care if they come, but Wade and I really needed to hear that this month. It really helped us end our day on a better note. Thanks to Lance and Brent.
Well, it is now nearly 10am so I had better get my butt in gear and get me and the girls ready for the day....
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment