Yesterday when Wade got home from work, he decided to take the girls sledding. Brooklynn had a total ball (even though the gloves she was wearing DID NOT help)! It looks like Anniston had fun, too, but that was not the case. She was happy when they got there but after about 2 runs down the hill she toppeled out of the sled and landed face first in the snow. She was no longer happy. Wade called me and had me come pick her up so he and Brooklynn could continue. After picking up a crying (and slightly frozen) child, Wade and Brooklynn had fun together. They came home about 2o minutes later. Brooklynn loves to spend one-on-one time with her dad. She has always been such a daddy's girl. When she was about 18 months she started to only want her dad at night. I remember thinking that would only last for a short time, but boy was I wrong. She didn't start to want me again (at bedtime) until after Anniston was born. Almost 2 years.....and now she only wants me at bedtime. Yes....my 4 and 1/2 year old "big" girl, still wants/needs to be rocked to sleep. Some people would call us crazy (and maybe we are a little) but even now, it is special time for us. I love it...most of the time.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Sledding!
Yesterday when Wade got home from work, he decided to take the girls sledding. Brooklynn had a total ball (even though the gloves she was wearing DID NOT help)! It looks like Anniston had fun, too, but that was not the case. She was happy when they got there but after about 2 runs down the hill she toppeled out of the sled and landed face first in the snow. She was no longer happy. Wade called me and had me come pick her up so he and Brooklynn could continue. After picking up a crying (and slightly frozen) child, Wade and Brooklynn had fun together. They came home about 2o minutes later. Brooklynn loves to spend one-on-one time with her dad. She has always been such a daddy's girl. When she was about 18 months she started to only want her dad at night. I remember thinking that would only last for a short time, but boy was I wrong. She didn't start to want me again (at bedtime) until after Anniston was born. Almost 2 years.....and now she only wants me at bedtime. Yes....my 4 and 1/2 year old "big" girl, still wants/needs to be rocked to sleep. Some people would call us crazy (and maybe we are a little) but even now, it is special time for us. I love it...most of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, Anniston looks so excited it makes ME want to go sledding! What a great picture! Your girls are adorable.
I love Anniston's Cheeser Grin... It's pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!
Post a Comment