Christmas morning.....Brooklynn was not liking the idea of taking picture, it was cutting into her playing with toys time.Christmas has come and gone this year and I am relieved,yet sad. It always just goes by way to fast and I never feel like our family really had enough time to just relax. We did enjoy ourselves and this year we got to expand our Christmas by celebrating with my family over this last weekend. We had such a fun time and the girls got soooooooooo spoiled that I don't know what we are going to do with everything.
Brooklynn was a lot of fun this year. I think that this year she REALLY got the entire concept of Santa. She was in our room at 3:45am to tell us that she was sure that Santa had been to our house and she wanted Wade to go down with her to check things out. They did.....and 5 minutes later she was on top of me begging to go and see (up close) what she got. Luckily, we were able to get her back to bed for a couple more hours by telling her that if she didn't go back to sleep, Santa wouldn't come to our house in the years to come.
Anniston was just happy to be there. She liked watching people open their gift more that opening them herself. It was fun for her to play with Brooklynn. Everything that the girls got is (for the most part) something that they can do together. Dress ups, play house, coloring, scooters, dolls.....you get the picture....it is fun to have 2 girls.
Besides the actual holiday, our days were jam packed with other things. As I mentioned, Grandpa Hawk passed away and his funeral was on the 24th. It was really nice. Most of the family was involved some how and that made it really special. I am sure that Hawk was extremely proud of his family that day.
Hollie, one of Wade's sisters, had her babies on the 27th. Yes, babies.....2 little girls that from what we have heard, couldn't be any more perfect. We are so excited for Hollie and Dave and can't wait to meet Mary and Marcy. What a wonderful gift to get at Christmas time!
No comments:
Post a Comment