Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Grandpa Hawk.....

Today is kind of a sad day at our house. Wade's grandpa (Grandpa Hawk) died during the night. It is a little bitter-sweet because he has not been in very good health for quite a while and has not been able to do many of the simple things that he loved to do. He was such a sweet man. I am glad that Brooklynn got to know and have a relationship with him. She loved to go see him and grandma Doris when Lynn would go up to their house to fix them dinner. He was always so happy to see her, too. He always wanted a hug from her and she was amost always willing to give one. He will be missed by so many people. We know that he is now in a much better place which gives us all comfort. Knowing that he feels good and happy again is a wonderful thing. We are lucky to have that understanding in our lives, it makes the whole process a little easier. He is now looking over us and now he sees the entire picture. Really, he is lucky.....we will miss him dearly.

2 comments:

camery said...

I am sad for your loss. Grandpa's are the best! I am glad your girls got to know him. You are so lucky to live near all of your family, I am jealous.

Staci said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss... Hope you guys are doing ok... I tried to bring down your Christmas Present but you are NEVER home... Hopefully tomorrow...