




Yesterday was my mom's 49th birthday. I can't believe my mom is almost 50 years old!!!! That used to seem so old, but now, not so much. My mom is still so young. She is the best and I hope that she had a good birthday even though she had to work. We bought her a new watch and I think she liked it, I hope she liked it.....I liked it. Anyways, the kids wanted to go over to my parents house before I got home from some "church commitments" so Wade told them to go ahead and we would be there as soon as I got home. They wanted to go for a ride on my dad's motorcycle. Just until recently Anniston was afraid of it, but now she loves it. Brooklynn has always loved it. She likes it best when it is just her and my dad because then he will drive really fast and she says she feels like she is flying. Pretty cute. I know, I know....my kids should be wearing helmets. Believe me, I know how stupid I am for allowing them to ride without them. Next time you see pictures of them on the bike, they will have helmets!!!!
After we were through visiting at my parents, they invited us to go to dinner with them at this awesome mexican resturant up the street. It was so yummy and the girls had a ball. They had a clown there doing face painting and balloons. Brooklynn wanted a purple butterfly and Anniston got a cute little flower. They were so excited and now Brooklynn keeps asking me when she can get her face done again. Probably sooner than she thinks....the fair is in town. Lucky me, the fair......
Anniston has really started talking lately. She is even trying to put sentences together. It is so wierd because it wasn't too long ago that I was afraid that she wasn't going to talk at all. Yesterday, it was so cute because she was getting tired so she walked up to me and said "Mommy hold you". It was so darned cute and even though she was so tired she could barely stand up, I made her say it again. I just love this stage where everything is so new and they are mostly willing to try anything. It is fun to watch them grow and learn something new every day.
Brooklynn is learning new things too, like how to give me the guilt trip. She has it down to an art. Last week, I had been working all day and I came home and the kids were winding down so I went to the kitchen to fix dinner for me and Wade. Brooklynn followed me in and I told her to go lay down on the couch so I could finish but then she walked up to me and grabbed my legs and started crying (real tears and everyting) and said "but mom, I haven't even seen you all day and I just want to be with you." Boy, did I feel like a jerk. I stopped what I was doing and went and laid down by her. I swear that girl, she is good!
1 comment:
Aidan always used to say "hold you" too. It is so adorable. And I love the face painting pictures! They are so elaborate.
Post a Comment