Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July...






Well, the 4th of July was a hit. At least for my kids and Wade. I had to work but I did get off early so I had plenty of time to BBQ and watch the fireworks with my family and the Webster bunch. The food was great and the fireworks were really fun. Anniston was terrified of the loud squeaking ones, but other than that I think she liked them. While I was at work the kids played volleyball and did the slip and slide. Wade was awesome and took some pictures for me so that I would at least have an idea of how much fun they were having without me. I am glad that they had a good day. Wade's sister Heather and her family were up for the holiday and it was so good to see them. We only get to see them a couple times a year so it is really nice when they come and stay for a while. My kids just love Alex and she is so good with them. They were playing hide and go seek (a game that Brooklynn chooses to hide in plain sight) and Alex saw that Brooklynn kept being the first to be found so she started helping Brooklynn hide better. It was so thoughtful. At one point, even the adults couldn't find them so we started wondering if they were hiding or if they were missing. They were hiding upstairs in the house, while the game was being played outside. (Kinda made me nervous.) Guess that's what happens when you aren't watching your kids like a danged hawk!!! All in all, the holiday was a lot of fun. Sometimes I wish that we could just get together more often, I don't think that the entire Webster family has been together since Wade and I were first married....sure woud be fun.

My parents rode the hog (a.k.a the motorcycle) up to Logan for the weekend. They said that they had a really enjoyable time and that the weather was just perfect for riding. They went to dinner with Camron and Brandy and they said it was so good to be able to go out with them. I am glad that they went. I think they need to get away sometimes and just enjoy each other.

I had to do sharing time at church today. It went pretty good, I think. I did my lesson on how everybody can be a missionary, even the smallest sumbeam. Those little kids are so stinking smart, I can't believe it! I really enjoy teaching the kids. There are some days that I just don't feel adequate and that I am not teaching them a darned thing, but I hope that if nothing else, they will know how much I enjoy teaching them and how much I love the gospel. It brings so much joy to my life. I hope that my children will grow up knowing how to make good choices and enjoying all that our church has to offer them. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have it in my life. I do know that I don't ever want to have to find out....Wow, that was a little deep for me:)

Well, I just wanted to write this for my wonderful husband (if he ever reads this)....I love you. I want you to know how much I love being your wife. I know that these last couple of weeks have had you ready for a REAL vacation...but I want you to know that me and the girls love you so much. We love spending family time with you and hope that we will be able to take a much needed break soon.

No comments: