
This week has gone by so fast and I am having a hard time thinking of anything that we did. Wade and I worked as usual and on our days off we still felt really busy.
My friend, Laura, came to visit with her twin boys. It was so good to see them and visit with them. We were roomates in Logan and I am so glad that we are still friends and that we keep in touch. Her boys are absolutely darling and I can't believe what good babies they are. I don't think I heard them cry at all. Anniston thinks she is a little mommy and she tries to pick them up and tote them around. NOT safe. They weigh nearly as much as she does. It will be so fun to have another baby (NO....this is not an announcement!) because she love, love, loves babies.
I took the girls to the park on Wednesday. It was so hot they couldn't really play on the slide too well but they still managed to have fun. Brooklynn even got brave and hung upside down on the "tricky" bar and did a flip off while holding my hands. I was so proud of her...she is kind of a scaredy cat and so it was good to see her get out of her comfort zone for a minute. As I was trying to explain to her what to do and how to do it, she said "Mama, just show me." So I figured I would give it a try. I mean, if I could do it when I was 7 years old, surely I could do it now, right? So I flipped up onto the bar, hung my feet over the bar and let go to hang upside down. Not too hard (maybe a little), but then I tried to reach back up so I could get down and it was then that I realized that I really need to start working my abs, not just a little, a lot. I could NOT get back up....so I hung there and tried a few times. It didn't take long before I realized I was going to have to flip down if I didn't want to hang there all day. It wasn't pretty......but finally I kicked my feet off the bar and got down. Let's just say, I won't be trying that again anytime soon. Luckily, no one was at the park to witness my non-existant athletic ability. THAT would have been much worse.
Saturday was the Webster reunion and Wade and the kids went and had a good time. I had to work, but it was okay because the day went by really fast. Wade busted his little butt after the reunion mowing his parents lawn and his grandma's lawn. He loves to do stuff like that. Too bad we don't have a lawn for him to make beautiful. Maybe someday.....
Today was church....sacrament was great because my kids were absolutely awesome the entire meeting and that just doesn't usually happen. Anniston goes to nursery now and I think she really likes it but she still bawls her little head off every week when we take her. Some weeks she gets over it in a few minutes and some weeks she struggles the entire time. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it easier for her, PLEASE share them with me. Luckily, the nursery leaders are AWESOME!!!! They tell us just to go and if she is too much to handle, they will bring her to us. They have never brought her to us, and I know she is hard a lot of the time. They are great, patient women.
This week is going to be fun. I only work 2 days and I am taking Wade to a bed and breakfast up in Logan. We are leaving the kids and going by ourselves for a much needed get away. It was kinda funny because I told Wade to take Thursday off and that we were going to a bed and breakfast somewhere, but I didn't say where. I told him if he really wanted to know I would tell him, but he said that he WANTED it to be a surprise. Then, I came home Thursday and he had tricked my mom into telling him what city we were going to, and since there are only 3 bed and breakfasts in Logan, he figured it out, right down to the room that we will be staying in. What a stinker!!!!! He just couldn't wait! It's okay though, because now he is even more excited about it. I hope that it is as fun and relaxing as we are hoping it to be.
1 comment:
Next time I see you I want you to show me the trick on the monkey bars!! (I'm laughing because I pulled a muscle just the other day while showing Sage how to do a cartwheel.)
Post a Comment