Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Here and There....

Yesterday was an interesting day. We had made plans to go to the childrens museum with Brittany and her kids and we were so excited about it. Then when we got up and started to get ready for the day, Brooklynn was acting really tired and said she had a headache. I didn't think too much of it (okay, I did but I didn't panic too much). Then, she started telling me that she was seeing spots and stars. I FREAKED!!!! I called Todd, my boss, and asked him what he thought I should do. He immeadiatly said, "Is she dehydrated?" I had no idea....it seems like she drinks plenty, but I am not positive that she does but I am positive that she plays outside a lot and she plays hard. He also told me that he thought is was worth me taking her into the doctor just to be sure it wasn't anything more serious. I called the doctor and got an appointment and then called Wade and told him what was going on and that I needed him to come home. We left for the appointment and after a couple hours of not knowing what was going on, we finally saw the doc and what do you know, she said that she thought Brooklynn was probably dehydrated. I was beyond relieved. I was not sure what was going on, but you can only imagine what I was thinking.....my mind can make things sooooooooo much worse than they really are. Luckily, the doctor gave us the okay to go play so we did end up going to the museum after all. It was so much fun and the girls played and got along so well all day. That Sage is a little ball of fire. She is so brave and so darned cute. She is so fun and I'll bet she keeps Brittany and Andrew on their toes. She is a smart little one. Brooklynn could take a few tips from her on how to loosen up and have a little more fun. Brooklynn is still a little scardy cat. I don't know if she will ever be any different. I was the same way when I was little until I was FORCED out of my comfort zone by my dare devil dad and my big brother. Maybe my dad will do the same thing with my kids so they won't be so terrified of everything that looks scary.
This is my new hair cut. Not my favorite, but it is growing on me. I told the girl who cuts my hair exactly how I wanted it and she did exactly what I told her to do. I am just not sure I like it on me. It looked really cute on the girl in the magazine......At least I have the cutest accesories in the entire world, my kids!!!!!
After we were done at the museum, we walked over to the fountain. Brooklynn loved it even though it was raining. She and Sage had fun getting soaked. Anniston wasn't a fan. She thought she would like it but once the water started spraying everywhere, she didn't think it was fun at all.
This was the bed and breakfast that we stayed at last week. It was SO much fun. My parents watched the girls and they let us take their audi convertible and it was so relaxing and just so much fun to have some un-interrupted alone time with my husband. The Riter Mansion was absolutely beautiful. The woman that runs the place is awesome. The breakfast was amazing. Apple pancakes with caramel syrup. YUMMY!!! I wish that we could go once a month. It was well worth the time and money!
That wraps up just about all of the excitement at our house this past week. Until next time....

4 comments:

Britt said...

We had fun at the museum. We need to get together more often!

Reeders said...

Love your new hair it looks really cute on you!

camery said...

Add me to the fans of your new haircut. I think it's super cute on you!

Brooke said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun at the museum. I'm with you, I wish I could get away with my husband at least once a month. Too bad it only happens once every four years or so (that's how long it was between our getaways). LOVE the hair. It really does look great on you!