Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Oh What Fun it is to....go sledding!











Yesterday, Wade told the girls that as soon as he got home from work he would take the sledding. They were so excited, to say the least. They watched out the window for him to come home, and as soon as he pulled in, they were jumping and screaming. Wade and I looked at each other and wondered "do we never do fun things with our kids?" It was so funny.
So off we went. I don't have snow clothes so I had no intention of actually sledding, but I still wanted to go and watch the fun and take some pictures. After a few minutes, I got a little jealous and decided that gloves or not, I wanted to go! I rode with Anniston and it was not the greatest ride...we both ended up with our face in the snow. HA! I will soon be investing in some snowpants, a warm coat, gloves, and boots. My heck, shouldn't I already have all of this gear, we live in Utah for heavens sake!
The girls had so much fun though. Ummmm....let me rephrase that, Brooklynn had a blast. She could have stayed out there all day long. She was bundled up so nice and warm, she didn't even care when the sun went down and the temperature seemed to drop, she wanted to ride and make snow angels. Crazy girl! Anniston had fun the first and maybe second run down. Then she was ready to hit the road. I guess after you get buried in snow and face plant it a couple of times, it wouldn't be that much fun.
Wade is such a good dad. I think he has every bit as much fun as the kids. It was fun to see them all going up and down the hill. Every time Brooklynn would go down by herself, Wade would run down to the bottom so he could pull the sled up for her. Even if he had Annie in his arms! He had to be tired. The snow is deep!!!!
It was a good time and I am glad we got a chance to do it before Christmas. I am sure it won't be our last trip!



4 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like fun! I am a party pooper and really don't like to be cold, so I dread when the kids beg to go sledding, because my husband always thinks its a good idea! It is a good idea if I don't have to go. I'm with Annie. One or two times down, and I'm all done. Glad you guys had a good time! BTW, cute christmas card! Your kids are just so darn cute!

Medrano Family said...

Looks like fun. I can't wait to do things like that with the boys. I took them outside just to walk around in the snow cause I get so excited for them to see new things. Anyway, you guys are so cute. Thanks for the Christmas card and I hope to actually get one of those out some year. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I am working on a blog, but I am very slow. Let you know later. Talk to you soon.

Britt said...

Sledding is such fun. You need to get yourself some snow clothes! Although, if Wade is happy to run up and down the hill, I'd definitely let him. It's hard work!

Erin said...

We still haven't gone sledding this year. I often wonder if I never do fun things with our kids. It looks like your kids had so much fun!