Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Christmas Spirit?!?
Let me first start off by saying I love Christmas. It is a great time of year and since having children, I enjoy it even more. It is so much fun to see the excitement on thier faces and the joy in their eyes. I just have one problem....I am not feeling it this year. I wish I was, and I am gonna try to do what it takes to make sure that I get into the Christmas spirit, but I am just not sure what that is. Maybe it's the fact that there is no snow, or that all I hear about is how bad the economy is, or maybe it's that I haven't even started shopping....I am not sure, but it is definately lacking. I also want t my children to know what Christmas is REALLY about. Santa seems to be everywhere and I just want my girls to know that Santa isn't EVERYTHING...infact, he is just a perk. He is not why we celebrate, it is because of the birth of our Savior. I want my kids to feel the Christmas spirit, and I want them to feel His love for them and for our family. I want to feel it, too. Tomorrow is the start of parties that we will be attending this year, I hope it helps me to find the spirit. We shall see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
it is good to see that you want to teach them the true meaning of christmas. It would be good if we were all tuned to the real reasonmore often, Thanks for the reminder. grandma d.
I know how you feel. I have finally forced myself to listen to Christmas music most of the day so I could start getting into the spirit of things. Good luck!
I feel like this especially this year. I want my kids to know that Christmas is about Christ, not Santa.
Post a Comment