Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I guess that a 2 year old probably shouldn't be doing that...

Saturday night, while Wade was over helping his grandma, I had a little problem...here's the scoop...First, let me say that whatever Brooklynn does, Anniston is right behind her trying to do it, too. So the other night they were doing something that they do on a daily basis: Jumping off of the couch! They were holding hands, counting to 3, then jumping at the same time. At one point, they held hands, counted, then Brooklynn jumped...but Anniston didn't...so Brooklynn pretty much pulled her off the couch. Anniston landed on her head. She hopped up and started laughing and headed up to do it again. I put a quick stop to that and specifically told them that they either had to stop jumping all together, or they had to take turns, no more of the holding hands stuff. I told them if they didn't quit, someone was going to end up hurt. They were good girls and they listened (surpisingly). About 4 (single) jumps later, Anniston screamed then started crying and grabbed her foot. In between sobs, she kept saying that her toes hurt. I couldn't see that there was anything visibly wrong, so I just tried to console her. I started to swell a little and I thought she maybe jammed her toes or sprained her ankle. I didn't know but I was worried because she would NOT walk or even put weight on it AT ALL. If I touched it, she started to cry. I waited for Wade to get home so he could make a decision on weather we should take her to the ER or wait until morning. He called his brother (who is a PA) and asked him what he thought. We waited until Sunday morning to decide. She still was in pain and she still wouldn't even put any weight on it. We felt so bad for her and we figured we didn't have anything to lose, so we took her to the ER. It is broken it 2 spots on the top of her foot. The doctor said that a cast wouldn't really help because they are tiny hairline fractures. So he said to keep her on Motrin and let her do as she can. Another problem....Annie will not take medicine to save her life!!!! Nothing, not chewies, not liquid, nothing....she spits it out before it even has time to hit her taste buds. Oh well, what can we do? I just feel so bad for her, she is hurting, and there is nothing we can do to help. At least she is limping around now, carrying her everywhere was becoming a joke:) I hope it heals quickly and that she really doesn't need a cast. (The doctor that was on call is slightly questionable! I know him from the pharmacy.) Poor little girl, limps around just as fast as she can!

On a different note, we were very proud of Brooklynn over the weekend. She was given the choice to go to church while we took Anniston to the doctor or stay home with us. She chose to go to church with my dad (my mom was not feeling well). She sat up on the stand with him (he is the ward clerk) and then went to primary, all by herself. We were so happy that she made that choice all by herself, without even thinking twice about it! She has also been such a big helper without having to be asked. It has been so nice to have her help. I think she really doesn't want to be on the naughty list!

5 comments:

Erin said...

What a crazy story! I'm glad she is doing slightly better. Aidan won't take medicine either. It's so frustrating!

Reeders said...

Poor little accident prone Anni! That is awful! Give her a hug for us!
That is awesome of Brooklynn and I love your comment that she doesn't want to be on the naughty list. Of course kids think of that this time of year :)

Adaire and Will said...

Poor little Annie! I'm really hoping I get cancelled from work tomorrow so I can come to the party and see you guys! Have fun anyway. If I don't see you then, I'll see ya on Christmas! Ask Brooklynn if she's on the nice list for me.:)

Brooke said...

Poor girl! I hate it when they are in pain. I keep reminding my kids that they don't want to get on the naughty list and they told me the other day that Santa will bring them presents anyway. Uh-oh.

Britt said...

My blogger said you hadn't updated for a month, I just checked and I've missed all of these posts! Sheesh!
Anyway, that's too bad about her foot. How's it feeling now?