



I have been a slacker...big time. I haven't done any blogging for almost a month. It's just too bad I don't have anything new to report. I've said it before and I'll say it again, WE ARE VERY BORING! That is just the way we like it since excitement doesn't always mean something good. I am happy to report that we are doing good. We are happy and healthy and that's all that matters to us. Even though there isn't much new going on, I feel like we have been incredibly busy. It's wierd to say, but I will be sort of glad when Brooklynn gets out of school. Running her to and from school 3 times a week with only 2 hours in between keeps me on my toes. Plus, we all can't wait for summer to get here. These last few days have been really nice but today it is raining and I must admit, it's a little depressing. We keep being teased with a couple of beautiful warm days and then the idea is shattered with rain or worse....snow. I just have to keep telling myself that summer WILL come.....sometime.
We went up to Wellsville this last weekend and it was a lot of fun. I love going to visit with my family. We all do, and this time we got to play outside the entire time. It would be so nice to live in a place like that, somewhere that you can feel comfortable letting your kids play outside even if you have things that you need to be doing inside. Midway is a great place but we live in a condo complex so it's not that easy. Our dream is to one day live in Charleston. If only it weren't so darned expensive. Maybe one day it will be a reality. We just have to be patient. (not always an easy thing to do when you live in a 2 bedroom townhouse with 2 children)
So, an interesting thing happened to us a couple of weeks ago and I have to write about it so I don't forget about it later. I had a doctors appointment down in Salt Lake and afterwards we decided to run to Tai Pan Trading (kind of a craft store). As we were getting ready to check out, I passed a man and he looked at me and smiled and said hello. I said hello back and then had to do a double take....it was President Uchtdorf. So I (being the geek that I am) pointed him out to Wade and the kids. As luck would have it, we were right behind him and his wife in the line to check out. I took Brooklynn and Anniston over to meet him and shake is hand. He and his wife were so nice especially to Brooklynn since she decided to be shy just at that very moment. It was kinda funny, but a little embarassing since she was the excuse that I used for us to go say hello. Oh well, that's life....
So, mother's day is coming up soon and it is still a little strange for me to be celebrating it because I am now a mother. I still have a hard time thinking about it that way. I am so lucky to be a mother and I am so lucky to have a wonderful mother, grandmothers and mother in law. I am truly blessed. I have had wonderful women in my life that I can hopefully pattern my life after.
Here are some pictures of the girls...Anniston is a cute little cheeseball and Brooklynn is turning out to be such a pretty little girl.....they are growing too fast.
2 comments:
Everyone probably has a few good memories and then some to forget on the Piper deck. Your girls are soooo cute. Your oldest looks just like a tiny Candace! Im glad you are back on the blog trail, I look at yours everytime im on and was starting to wonder where you were. Any trips to Moses soon???
President Uchtdorf probably wasn't in a suit, so you didn't recognize him! That's a great story. And your kids look just beautiful. Did Brooklynn like riding on Grandpa Brooks' motorcycle?
Post a Comment