Tonite I was cleaning out my wallet and I came across a little note tucked in one of the slots and it really made me stop and think. It really made me a little sad, but in a happy sort of way....if that makes any sense at all.
This last Spring, Brooklynn got really sick. She started throwing up and for no reason. At first we thought she just had the stomach flu but after 2 weeks of off-and-on bouts we started to really worry. Then, by the 3rd week, when she couldn't hold her little head up because she was so tired and weak and she had completly stopped eating and hardly drinking anything at all, her doctor told us to take her to Primary Childrens. Something was wrong and Dr. Lantz wasn't sure what. On our way down the the hospital, Brooklynn was sooooooo scared. She did not know what to expect. So, to distract her, Wade and I asked her what kind of fun things she wanted to do for the summer. She told me to take out a pen and paper so that we could write them down so we wouldn't forget ANYTHING. I did that and that was the note that I found tonite. This was the list....from a 3 (almost 4) year old.....
Go Swimming
Go to the Zoo
Chuck-E-Cheez
Sleepover w/ cousins
Hiking
Picnic
Ride Bikes
Go to the Movies
Visit Grandma-Great
Toy Store
Fishing w/ Dad
Have a marshmallow roast
Lagoon
Dinosaur Park
Tree climbing
Play at the park
Kiss Anniston's Cheeks----I started crying on the spot then and tonite!
Clean house w/mom
Run thru the sprinklers
Save $$$ for Disneyland
Visit Santa at the mall
Talk about a fun little girl with a lot of fun things on her mind. I just wish that I could say that we did do all of those things this summer....we didn't. Time just flies and we just get so busy and forget to take time to do the simple things with our children.
I thank our Father in Heaven every single day for making Brooklynn better and keeping her healthy. He watches over my family and I am so GRATEFUL! We still don't know what caused the whole illness but we just hope that it never returns. Now that I found this note, I hope that I can be a better mom to my girls and not worry so much about the little annoying things that they do, but don't hurt a single soul....I need to always remember that they are just kids and that is what I need to let them be. I love my girls and my husband with all of my heart and I just wanted to take a minute to myself to think about that and really let it sink in.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment