
Wade got home a few days ago, and let me tell you, it has been so nice. Life was busy but pretty boring without him. We are definately glad to have him home. The conference wasn't quite what he and his boss had planned so the 5 days dragged a little towards the end. Wade was glad to be home. He really missed the girls. I am pretty sure that he missed them more than he missed me. I suppose that is okay....I know that I am not as much fun as they are anyways.
So this week has been pretty uneventful, just the usual....work and family. I do have a funny story to tell though...On Saturday morning, I got in the shower and after I was in, I realized that I didn't have my razor, so I hollered to Wade to please get one out of the cubbord and bring one into me. I didn't know that Brooklynn had called my mom in the meantime, but she did and this is how their conversation went:
Grandma Kathy: What is your mom doing?
Brooklynn: She's in the shower.
Grandma: What about your dad, what is he doing?
Brooklynn: Well, he is in the bathroom, he likes to look at my mom naked!
Luckily, my mom could hear the conversation between Wade and I about the razor, so she knew that me and Wade weren't being total perverts. Wade was so embarrassed, he came back into the bathroom and said "you should hear what your daughter just said to your mother!" (his face was bright red.) I thought it was hilarious and I could not quit laughing. Kids really do say the darndest things. I tell you what, sometimes I worry about some of the things that she learns from other kids, but then when I really think about it, my kids will probably be the ones to teach other kids things that they shouldn't know, too. It's pretty funny sometimes. A little embarassing at times also.
I cut Anniston's hair today. Most people probably won't be able to tell, but it was getting quite scraggeley looking so I chopped off all of the baby frizz...Hopefully she won't look too much like a little boy. She is the spitting image of her dad, you know?
This week has been good in most ways, but I have a couple of friends that are going thru a hard time. One just had her father die, and he was still quite young and the other is having some personal issues. I want them both to know that I love them and I am thinking of them and praying for them. I hope that their lives will be able to return to normal, or better, soon. I only have a few friends that are close to me, so when they are troubled with something, I worry. As I have said before, it is my nature to worry. Both of the women are strong and I know that they will be fine, but until then....I will worry.
On a much lighter note, Wade's birthday is next week....the big 3-0! I have no idea what to buy him. I figure that me and the kids will go pick something out on my next day off. That should be interesting. Niether of my girls are much of shoppers, just like thier mom. I usually don't venture too far without a second adult. I am a wuss and I will just have to suck it up and do it. I mean, you only turn 30 once right?
2 comments:
That is the greatest story I have read all week... Thanks for making my day brighter... If you want Sienna and I to go shopping with you just let me know... We love to shop... Or I should say I like to Shop, Sienna likes to ride in her stroller flirting with all the men that walk by...
Okay, THAT is hilarious! I needed that. Thanks! I'm waiting to read an update on Wade's birthday...
love you. thanks for being so wonderful.
Post a Comment