
The other night, Wade and I were flipping thru the channels trying to find something on TV and we stopped on "Breaking News" to find out that a wonderful man, the president of our church, had passed away. Honestly, my stomach sunk....I couldn't believe it. I know that he was getting old and that his health wasn't great, but I still was suprised. It sort of started to seem like he was invisable and that he would always be around to lead our church. Now, I know that isn't really possible, but for some reason I never really thought he was close to death. Now that it has sunk in, I am very happy for President Hinckley....he gets to be with his sweet wife again. He is such a great man and wonderful example to all of how we should live our lives and how we should treat others. He will be greatly missed. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. It blesses my family immensley and I never want to know where my life would be without it.
On a slightly different note, on Sunday the bishop asked to speak with me and Wade. I was nervous because I knew that the Primary Presidency was being re-done. I have been asked to be the 1st counselor. I am really excited. I know that it will be a real learning experience. Whenever I have had to prepare a lesson, even if it has only been for little ones, I learn so much. I am grateful for this calling and I hope that I will do a good job.
Wade is doing well....tomorrow is his birthday. I still haven't gotten him anything. Hopefully me and the girls will be able to find something today.
Anniston has a well child check up today....shots!!!! If we can just make it thru that...then hopefully the rest of the day will be good.
Brooklynn has been a bit of a sassy girl lately. I am pretty sure that I can pinpoint the reason for it, too. Not enough attention. I have got to change that. Somedays are just so hard and I feely like when I'm not at work I have so much stuff that needs to be done. Not so.....the most important thing that I should be doing is spending quality time with my girls. I need to realize that and do it! Tonite, we are going to go swimming at the Kamas pool. Brooklynn loves it there. The water is just the right temp and not too deep. Hopefully our plans don't get foiled.
I love my kids. I love my husband. Now we just need to start spending QUALITY family time together.......more of it, at least.......
No comments:
Post a Comment