Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Life with just us girls!


So, since Wade has been gone, I have had a little taste of what it would be like to be a single parent and believe me, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I know that it is hard and all of that, but for me, the biggest part is that it is really lonely. I have been letting Brooklynn sleep in my bed (I know, probably a huge mistake) and the first night was great! She slept for 12 hours....straight! Anniston slept in her crib and she slept like usual, about 9 hours. I was bragging to Wade how wonderful it was (because he slept like crap at the hotel) and low and behold after last night, I really had to eat my words. Talk about a rough night. Annie must not have been feeling well or something. She woke me up with a coughing fit and it sounded to me like she had thrown up so I went to check on her, when I did she sat up and wanted out of the crib (1:40am). I picked her up and tried to console and rock her back to sleep and just when I thought she was out she started to cry and ask for her "ba ba". So I go downstairs as quickly as I could so not to wake up Brooklynn. (2:50am) I get her a glass of milk and sit in the recliner and before I know it Brooklynn is down the stairs wanting to sit with us.....we finally made it to sleep at about 3:3oam. Miserable!!!!!NIGHT!!!!!!

Besides that I have really not liked be here all by ourselves. Yesterday, just as I had finished getting the girls ready for the day and we were just about to walk out the door, our carbon monoxide detector went off. Of course, as you may know, I am just about the MOST paranoid person on earth so I was freaked out. I had to get to work so I took the kids to my moms and I called Questar to have them come check it out. Luckily my dad came home for lunch so he was able to be here when they came. (my parents are the greatest, by the way) Everything checked out and there is nothing leaking or whatever they call it. Still, last night it was not easy to lay my head down without questioning it. So, does this sound fun, yet?

My girls are great though and I do love spending time with them. They are the best kids in the world. I know that at times I get incredibly frustrated and feel like they just won't listen and behave, but all in all....they are awesome. I hope that although I yell (somedays....a lot) they know how much I love them and appreciate them for everything that they bring into my life. If I thought I was lonely with Wade out of town.......what on earth would I do without my beautiful girls?

So, I know that I am such a baby and that I sound so lame, but I really miss my husband.......roll your eyes all you want, but I do.

4 comments:

Staci said...

We were going to come visit yesterday but then changed our mind when I opened the door and realized how freaking cold it was outside... I swear one day we will come visit but it might not be until the summer... OH how I wish it was here already...

camery said...

How are you doing? Wade is almost coming home!!! Hang in there!

Staci said...

Hey, My sister just listed some super cute valentine bows on her etsy site... Just go to http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5537201
I can pick them up for you if you want them. She is listing two more tonight that are super cute... Just thought I would let you know.

Staci said...

It's best to order off the website, it just makes it easier for her and then she gets them done really quickly. She has a color chart on her blog. The link is http://littlebitunlimited.blogspot.com/
They are so cute... The look super cute on pig tails or just one piggy. I have some here at the house if you want to see them. Let me know...