Friday, June 13, 2008

Swimming and a Slumber Party







This week has been so busy, I don't even know where to start. I have been running around constantly trying to get things done for Father's Day and Brooklynn's birthday. It is kind of nice to have lots to do because by the time I get it all done, Wade is home. My days don't seem to drag waiting for him to come home. I have to admit, I always look forward to 4 o'clock so the family can be home together and just hang out. I guess I am pretty lucky!

Last Sunday, we were down at Webster's and it was getting to be time to go home and Brooklynn and Anniston did NOT want to leave so I made them a deal (these deals are becoming quite the thing at our house.) I told them if they came home without any fit throwing, I would let them watch a movie on our bed with all of their stuffed animals and I would even let them eat popcorn on my side of the bed. (Wade is super finiky about his side...) They left sooooo good without any trouble so we did exactly what I said we would do. Now, look at the picture and just know that is only about half of the stuffed animals that they actually own....CRAZY. It was fun and they loved it. It is sometimes so easy to please our kids.
We also took the kids over to Kamas to the pool. It is such a kid-friendly place and our kids have so much fun there. Brooklynn is terrified of deep water and won't even allow us to hold her in the deep end. This pool has a very shallow play area that is awesome. I think that my girls would turn into raisens in the water if we let them. We don't go there very often and every time we do, when we are on our way home, we always ask ourselves why....it such cheap, fun entertainment for the whole family. It's just one of those things, I guess.
Today, my mom and I went to Provo to get the girls pictures taken for Father's Day. It went pretty good and I am happy with how they all turned out. I swear though, I would have gone completely insane if my mom hadn't been there. My girls are pretty well behaved, but that whole process is enough to tire/bore ME. I tend to forget that it's not just getting the pictures taken but picking them out afterwards. It took forever, and of course we had the new girl who just learned all of the new "cute" tricks....and wanted to show me every.....single.....one of them. I thought I was going to die when I had Anniston tugging on my leg, Brooklynn whining about how hungry she was, and the girl trying to show me the "fun things we can make with a montage". I finally just had to interupt her and tell her I didn't want any cutesy borders, no montage of any kind, just plain sheets! Is that so much to ask?
All in all, it has been a good week. Everyone is happy and healthy....what more could I ask for?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh My! I haven't seen an up-close photo of your girls until this new one -- they are beautiful! It's amazing how Brooklynn is your mini-me and Annie looks just like Wade. Everyone says mine all look exactly alike, but I don't see it at all. I'm continually astonished at the fact that our kids come from the same two people but look so different. Anyways, super cute new layout on your blog, and super cute babies!

Love ya,
Tiff

camery said...

I LOVE THEM! What great pictures! Oh, I miss those girls. Tell Brooklynn Happy Birthday. I have yet to mail her gift...maybe soon?
Come visit!!!

Britt said...

Looks like tons of fun!

Adaire and Will said...

The new pictures of your girls are so adorable. I guess that isn't suprising since we all know how cute they are in real life too!