Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Much Anticipated "Pajama Party"





The other day Brooklynn and I were sitting at the table. I was preparing my sharing time lesson so she thought she would start writing, too. She began making a list of people that she loved and soon it turned into a list of people that she wanted to invite over for a "pajama party". I really didn't think too much of it, but she didn't let it go. Every night for the last 3 nights she has asked if that night was a good night for her party. We have been so busy this weekend that we kept telling her "some other time." Again, she didn't let it go. She continued talking about this list that she had made. On her list was me, Wade, Anniston, Grandma and Grandpa Reeder and Grandma and Grandpa Webster. The list started to get incredibly long when she started asking me how to spell the names of all of her stuffed animals. (I swear she has at least 50 but probably more.) So, tonight we finally had the super fun and super spur of the moment "pajama party". She told Ruth and Lynn that the party was going to start at 4pm (it was already 7pm) and that they had better be there. They agreed and when we got home, she called my parents and told them to come over in 20 minutes. They also agreed. By the time everyone made it, it was 8pm. (Way too late to be starting a 4 yr olds party!) It was pretty fun. She layed out a bunch of blankets and sleeping bags for everyone and told them which one belonged to who. Then after that got old she decided to show them her new trick......Jumping off of the headboard of our bed and into a pile of pillows. We all traveled up the stairs to Wade and my bedroom to watch the "show". It ended up being quite fun and Brooklynn and Anniston really enjoyed themselves. I guess that is all that really counts, right? I know that I have said it a million times, but my kids have the greatest grandparents and are more lucky than they will every know. Thanks Ruth Lynn & Mom and Dad for being troopers and coming over to our house even though I know that everyone was ready just to sit and relax in the peace and quiet of their own homes! Brooklynn had a ball! (Until everyone had to leave, then she cried her little eyes out.) We will have to do it again sometime but next time, we will remember to start a little earlier!

3 comments:

tworeeders said...

Count me in, I had a blast!
Those little girls are fearless.
Love ya.
Grandpa B.

Staci said...

This is my favorite post yet! I love the first picture with the two girls holding hands and the one with grandpa laying down with the two girls. What great memories you are creating for your two princesses. I was so bummed we missed out on lunch Friday. Maybe the next day you are off we can do it. I just didn't want to chance Sienna getting Anni Sick. That would have been horrible. It worked out good though because Steve ended up coming home sick that day around 12 as well. If the weather is nice tomorrow we will for sure come to visit!

AlliFinn said...

That is a ginormous bed!! Do you all sleep in there!? Your blog is so cute! Hope all is well!

The Finns