Monday, October 15, 2007

Family Night...




Today was a fun day. After Wade and I got work out of the way we have family night. Wade and Brooklynn went riding bikes with cousins and friends while Anniston and I just played at home. When it finally got dark, Brooklynn and Wade came home for dinner. After dinner we made a haunted ginger bread house and Brooklynn had so much fun decorating it. The frosting was just a smidge too thick so I had a hard time getting it to "look like the picture on the box". I think that she did a great job though and it was fun spending the night as a family. Anniston was so tired that she konked out after about 15 minutes but that's okay cuz Brooklynn probably would have had a cow if she would have ruined it. It was fun.


Brooklynn had her primary program yesterday and she did so good. That girl is not afraid or nervous about anything and that makes me happy. Of course there has to be one child that just can't sit still and fiddles during the entire meeting......that was Brooklynn. At one point, I kept trying to get her to stop picking her nose and sing the songs. Funny girl.....but we did get a nice compliment from her teacher. Sister Smith said that Brooklynn is such a cute and smart little girl and that it is a pleasure to have her in her class. She said that she could tell that Brooklynn has been raised well. You have no clue how good that makes me feel. What a nice compliment, sometimes Wade and I feel like we are just about the crappiest parents on the face of the planet, so it was nice to know that other people don't think that. Brooklynn is just a good girl, and so is the little sister. We are blessed and that is all there is to it.

No comments: