This little boy....oh my heck. He is a little stinker. I was telling some co-workers a story about him, and they told me that I had better write it down so I will always remember it. I will start by saying that I am a little worried to share this story. It does not reflect well on Wade and I as parents. Though I do have to say, that we are not perfect (obviously) and we have never claimed to be. Now that being said, I have to share the FUNNIEST thing this little guy did this past weekend. (and yes, this is what he was wearing when this all went down, making it even harder for me to keep a straight face while trying to discipline.)
Wade and I were trying to straighten up the house and Wade went to put a bunch of books away and when he opened up the cabinet, about 20 other books fell out and onto the floor. Wade muttered under his breath "Gosh Dammit." Well of course, Hawkins heard him and immeadiately started repeated it. "Dammit, dammit, dammit". Wade told him to stop and that neither of them should say naughty words like that. So then Hawkins said, "Somma b**ch" over and over again. I guess that once he heard that he wasn't supposed to say naughty words he decided that he needed to say all of them. He just couldn't resist. Wade told him to stop and if he kept it up, he would spank his mouth. Hawkins went and hid behind the chair. I was quietly laughing thinking that he knew that he was in trouble and a little embarrassed. WRONG. After he had safely wedged himself out of our reach, he started whispering "Dammit, somma b**ch" over and over. I had to turn away so he wouldn't see me laughing. Wade was not quite as amused as I was. He told Hawkins to get out from behind the chair and that he was in trouble. Suprisingly, he listened and came out...and RAN to the bathroom...swearing all the way. Wade tried to catch him to follow thru with the punishment. No such luck. Hawk slammed the bathroom door in his face and locked it so he couldn't get in. While he was in there, he obviously felt safe so he continued whispering naughty words... What a little stink!!! I was laughing so hard that even Wade couldn't keep a straight face anymore. Wade kept saying "This won't be so funny when he says it in nursery." Which is very true. Not. funny. at. all. But it was super funny right then.
Please don't judge us. We, as parents, do say a few swear words out of frustration. I wish I could say that we won't anymore, but I am pretty sure that would be a lie. We just hope that his church teachers won't ever find out!
3 comments:
Love it!! As long it's not mine. :)
That's ok. Anders said Sh*t at pre-school. I'm sure glad my kid aint the only one. -this is cam by the way.
At least it wasn't at church!!!! (Cam)
Post a Comment