I have started 3 different posts and have not been able to get thru them...I quit each time thinking that I will come back and finish later, but have had no luck. Oh well.
Life has been good. Really good. It seems kind of busy, but I suppose that is what having 3 kids and a job is all about. Between school, pre-school, tumbling, dancing and all the other little errands, I feel like I am constantlyin the car. That is one thing that I have a hard time with, especially since we moved to Charleston. It really isn't far from "town", but man, it seems like such a pain to go somedays. Complain, complain...:)
Brooklynn is great. She is doing really well in school. She is awesome in reading and spelling. She is not as awesome in math. She has been placed in a little group to give her a little extra help in that area. She is not super thrilled about it, but I swear one day she'll thank us. (right?) She is in her 4th year of tumbling. It is fun to see her doing so well. Last year was her first year of compitition. It was a love/hate kind of thing. She was not overly confident and we weren't even sure she was enjoying it. Boy, what a difference a year makes! She is loving it and is doing so much better. She is getting a little more competitive and that has helped her to improve. YAY! We are proud of her. She doesn't give up. It may take her a little longer to get certain things, but she works hard and I love that about her. She is learning to be more responsible. We have started letting her "tend" for short periods of time, and she has done excellent. I still get really nervous about it, but I guess it's time to let her try. (Plus, my in-laws live right thru the field, so if there is ever any problem, help is close.)
Anniston is also doing great. She is still learning to read. She loves that her pre-school teacher sends home little reading packets with her each week. She gets frustrated easily, but she is learning to work thru it. She is in her 2nd year of dance. It"s prepatory ballet. She is pretty darn good at it. I love to watch her be so excited about it. For her next recital, her teacher told her that they will be peacocks. She has been telling EVERYONE about it. Fun! She has a tender little heart and loves to snuggle with me. When she was smaller she would crawl up onto my lap and I would say "Look how you fit so perfectly right here." Now, every so often, she will climb up on my lap and say "Mom, let's see if I still just fit." How sweet. Sometimes it act like I am too busy for these little moments so it's a nice way to be reminded that I always have a minute to sit with her. I tell her not matter how big she gets, she will always "just fit". Oh, how I love her.
Hawkins is....well, Hawkins. He is determined, he is happy, he is daring, he is super funny, and he is a people person....big time. The other day, we were at the grocery store and he made sure to wave and say "Hi" to anyone that would look at him. He loves is sisters and especially loves playing with Anniston. They are best little buds. These past few days have been a litte different. He has been sick and therefore, not acting like himself. It is so sad to see him like this. We got him on some antibiotics yesterday, so we can only hope that he is on the mend. I feel so helpless. I just wish I could make it all better and that he wouldn't have to feel so crappy. Poor baby boy.
Well, I know that's not a very exciting post, but I am not that exciting of a person, so there. :)
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Even though Hawk has been sick he still has his sense of humor. I was holding down in the kitchen and grandpa had just came home, I thought he might like it grampa carried him back up the stairs so I said to him Do you want grandpa to carry back up the stair, he looked at grandpan then looked at me and said Grandma I think he's to heavy! I love the innocence of kids.
Post a Comment