Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Because it's been such a long time since I last poste, I figured the best way to catch up was thru pictures.  So here goes Summer 2012:

 Anniston graduated from pre-school. It was a darling program and she was so happy to be preforming all of the things she has learned this past year.  I am excited for her to start kindergarten.  Not for me, but for HER. She is looking forward to it and is thrilled to actually be going to elementary school.  I have to say that I am the most nervous thinking about my little Annie riding the bus.  It might just be me, but the bus seems like such a "big kid" thing. It is sure to be an adventure for sure. 

Anniston had her dance recital.  It was darling. She was darling. She did her part perfectly. (not a proud mother or anything)  They were peacocks in the Aladdin show.  It was a lot of work and in the end, it didn't go quite as planned, but who cares?  She had fun and that is all that matters in my book.

Brooklynn turned 9. Holy smack.  How did that happen?  When did I get old enough to have a 9 year old?  She had a fun birthday.  We celebrated with strawberry shortcake, presents and family.  It was  a fun day. 

A while back, Brooklynn mentioned that she wanted and iPad.  Wade and I decided that we would be ok with that, but that we were NOT going to buy it for her.  Wade made a deal with her that if she saved enough money to pay for half of the iPad, he would pay the other half.  After about 9 months of saving (chores, christmas money, babysitting, etc...), she finally had enough.  So on her birthday, we took her to Best Buy and let her pick out and pay for it herself.  On the way to Provo, she got a little car sick and as soon as we got there, she threw up.  Lovely.  That was not exactly the way thought her day would go, but thankfully, she snapped out of it.  It was a fun day and I was happy that she was able to set a goal and it was fun for her to be able to reward herself for her hard work. 

Wade and I celebrated our 11th year of marriage.  We went to City Creek and shopped (that place is amazing).  Then, we had dinner at the cheesecake factory.  We really enjoyed the night out.  We don't do it enough and we really need to make a bigger effort to make more time for just the 2 of us.  I have to say that I feel really lucky to be married to Wade.  He is my very best friend. He is an amazing father and I just couldn't ask for a better partner.  He makes me laugh and we have a lot of fun together.  We often talk about what we want for our children and for our future.  I am so greatful that I have someone that I know I can count on and who loves me for me...cuz that's not always an easy thing to do. I am one lucky lady...

 Speaking of lucky...my kids are lucky to have such wonderful grandparents.  We feel so blessed to have both sets of grandparents near to help us raise our children.  They are such wonderful examples to us and to these silly kids. We also love our cousins.  Anders is such a sweet little boy and it is so much fun to see how much Hawkins (and the girls) love him.  I love his imagination and his sense of humor.  I could go on and on...We LOVE Anders!  This picture was taken up at grandma great's house on my moms birthday.  We love spending time up there and soaking in as much family time as we can.

We went to Courtney and Charlie's wedding.  It was so nice to be able to share their special day with them. We don't get to the temple often, so to be able to go to a sealing, it is such a wonderful thing for us.  It takes me back to when Wade and I were sealed.  We were so young and so incredibly excited to start our life together.  The Bailey's are the neatest family and I am lucky enough to call them my family.  Since my mom only has one sister, we get to spend a lot (though not enough) time with them.  Again...we are lucky.

This is Laura and her adorable son, Will.  They are our favorite friends.  I have to say that most of our summer adventures have included these two.  It has been awesome getting to know and become good friends with their family.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy having a good girlfriend to chat with, and get together with, and have fun with.  I am so glad that they moved here!!!  She helps me maintain my sanity.  I am extremely greatful for her:)

 
We went to the zoo with the Vawdrey's.  It was fun and it was hot.  My kids had a blast and they loved the animals.  And by animals, I mean the fake, bronzed animals.  We had to stop and take a picture with every bronzed gorilla, rhino, and elephant.  I had to keep moving them along to see the  REAL animals.  Too funny.

Our latest adventure was to Casade Springs.  We packed a picnic and headed for the mountains only to find out that there is "no picnicking" at this park.  What????  So instead of picnicking on a blanket, we "snacked" on a bench.  Ha! Loop hole? Sure, why not?

And last, but not least I thought I had better mention the humming birds.  Holy moly.  The humming birds are gonna eat us out of house and home.  We have more darned humming bird than I can count. Well, if I'm being honest, I can count 7 of them out there at this very moment. Wow. Being that I am not a bird person...it makes for and interesting sight when we are sitting out on the front porch and they are swarming the feeders about 5 feet away.  Let's just say, my kids find it rather hilarious. 

Other fun things have included:
*Seven Peaks
*Bowling
*Fireworks and weenie roasts
*Hiking at Dutch Canyon
*Lagoon
*Sleeping Out
*Sprinkler runs
*Movies
*Motorcycle rides with Grandpa
*Wicked (a favorite for all)
*Swimming
*Cousins visiting

There has been a lot of fun this summer and I'm not sure that I am ready for school to start next week.  I love having my kids home. I know that it is going to be a good year and that the kids are looking forward to it all.  I do think it will be good to get back into a schedule and I look forward to what this next year is going to bring. 

1 comment:

tworeeders said...

And, You have said that you are boring parents, well this blog proves you are completely wrong. Love you all!!!!!