Tuesday, November 2, 2010

CAliForNiA!!

















So our trip to Disneyland was a blast. Our kids were great and the drive was a piece of cake (suprisingly). We went and went and went, and if we had to do it all over we probably would take a 2 week vacation and spread our 5 day park-hopper pass out a little. HA ha...like we can really afford to hang in Cali for 2 weeks:) No, it was so much fun and the girls and Hawkins had so much fun.
We started our first day at Newport Beach. I am so NOT a beach person....not because I don't like it, I just haven't had very many opportunities to go. So when we got there the girls were so excited and wanted to get in their swim suits immeadiatly. It was only 70 degrees so I told them that I thought it was a bit chilly and we would just play in our shirts and shorts. Dumb mom. I had no idea that 70 in California is much warmer that 70 in Utah. It was hot....and we weren't in our suits. Dumb mom. It was still fun and we would have stayed much longer but Hawkins decided that a couple hours was plenty, with sand in his diaper and all, so we had to leave. I wish we would have been a little more prepared and that wouldn't have been an issue. Next time...
The rest of the week we spent at DisneyLand and California Adventure. It was nice to have a 5 day pass because then we didn't feel rushed to do anything, we could come and go as we pleased and didn't worry about what we were missing that day. It was a big bonus for us especially because of our baby boy. He likes run and play, and that is just not very possible at an amusement park. When we did let him out of his stroller he managed to cut lines and get to the characters before the other kids. He love Tigger and the Red Queen the very best. It was hard to get him away from them. Brooklynn went on Splash Mountain for the first time with me. She was so nervous, and when we got to the front of the line, they put us in the front of the boat. I thought she would die...turns out, I'm a bigger chicken than her:) I closed my eyes and screamed my head off. Her eyes were wide open and she only let out a little scream. It was fun to see her face. Anniston's favorite part was the Haunted Mansion. For Halloween, it is decorated like the "Nightmare Before Christmas" with Jack Skelington. She LOVES it!!! She also claims to LOVE Pirates of the Carribean (although she insisted on sitting on my lap every single time). Wade was in heaven. He loves nothing more than to be able to take his family on a fun vacation. It was a success.
I am so glad that we had the chance to go. It was nice to have that family time. It was much needed. We just get so busy with school, work, and other activities that we let life get in the way more than we should. We have been trying to have more of it since we got home, but I am afraid that we are just getting back into old habits. Just keep trying right?
I could go on and on, but I won't. I would love to download more pictures, but blogger is being so lame and I don't have the patience for it...






1 comment:

Staci said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun... Your kids are getting so big and they are as cute as ever... I want to have you guys come up some time and have dinner with us and take the kids to the pool... As soon as my boogie boy starts feeling better I'll call you. Anniston and Sienna would have so much fun together and our baby boys could get up to so much trouble...