Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ONE!!!







Out baby boy turned one last week!! He is such a fun little guy, and as I'm sure can see from the pictures, he certainly keeps us on our toes. He is into everything, on top of anything, and he eats quite a bit. We had a fun little party with Grandma and Grandpa Reeder and Grandma and Grandpa Webster. We got really lucky because Wade's sister, Hollie, was in town from Las Vegas, so she was able to come with her twin girls, Mary and Marcy. Hawkins, of course had no idea what was going on but he was happy to be the center of attention. I got brave this time, and I made the froggie cupcakes. I usually order a cake from the store because I am so not talented when it comes to cake decorating, but these were easy and they turned out just fine. Hawkins loved his cake. He started out just dipping his fingers in, but then he decided it was good enough to dig both his hands in. Then, he thought it would be quicker just to put his whole face in it, and in the end he ate his cake with both hands, his face, and both of his feet. It was by far, the best "baby eating cake on their 1st birthday" I have ever seen. For his birthday he got spoiled. Lots and lots of BOY toys. Doggies, cars, trucks, baseball stuff, and an alphabet phone. He made out like a bandit. It was a fun day for our family. I can't begin to explain the love that I have for my most precious baby boy. He can make you smile on your worst day, and he can love you like no one else can. He is one of the three best things Wade and I have ever done in our lives. I thank my lucky stars that our Heavenly Father believed in us enough that he would send us such a sweet angel. Happy Birthday Hawkins!

2 comments:

Britt said...

He takes the cake! What a cutie!!!

camery said...

Oh Gosh! Candace he is adorable!! Seriously, so incredibly cute! And your girls... BEAUTIFUL!! Annie looks just like a ballerina and Brooklynn is such a little grown up. What fun you must be having!