Monday, June 7, 2010

my dear sweet annie...


The other day we had the opportunity to go to our nephew, Zac's, baptism. It was really nice and it was fun for the girls to see what it was really all about. Afterwards, we went up to Wes and Meagan's house for a little luncheon. It was nice, too. Until.....
I was sitting out on the back patio finishing up lunch and chatting. Anniston had been in and out of the house a hundred times so when she didn't come out after a while I just figured she was upstairs playing with the other kids. Nope. Wes finally noticed that she had locked herself in the bathroom and was waiting for me to come and wipe her bum. (at home, she usually yells "MOM!!! I'm DOOOONNNNEEE!") I guess she had been in there for quite a while. (whoops) When I got in there she had gone #2 and had tried to wipe herself....I won't go into much detail, but it was a huge mess. Legs, toilet seat, dress...enough said. After I got done cleaning her (and the bathroom) up. I looked at her and said "I'm sorry Anniston, I didn't know you were in here, but I really want to know how you made such a big, disgusting mess." She looked at me and said "Well mom, I was trying to do it myself, but the toilet pushed me off." Now I know the toilet didn't actually push her off but that is exactly what it looked like. Poor little girl...not really, she is a funny little girl with a mom who needs to pay better attention:)

1 comment:

Britt said...

That's so disgusting, I know exactly how you felt, Sage pulled that one on me a few times. Although she never told me the toilet pushed her off, that's classic!

Now that I'm on summer vacation let's get together.