Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Really??? 7 years old??? It's just not possible!

The birthday girl!!!


The Birthday Gift...it was a hit!

The Birthday Cake (can't go wrong with a Nothing Bundt Cake!)


The Silly Girls


The Birthday Gang...



It was Brooklynn's birthday last Friday and it turned out to be such a fun day. I have to start of by saying that as far as party planning goes, I am not a good mom. I have been putting off having a real birthday party for the past 7 years and this year was no different. I just have a hard time trying to come up with things for kids to do at a party that would be fun for them, and I wasn't sure if we would get a turn out. Instead we told Brooklynn she could invite 3 friends to go out to a movie and pizza. She was thrilled. Toy Story 3 came out that day and she was excited to go see it. Wade and I were a little nervous. We weren't exactly sure how well behaved these little girls would be (especially Anniston) but they were so much fun. They sat and watched the movie and we only had to get up and go potty one time! Afterwards, we took them to the pizza factory and had lunch. Man...5 little girls can really throw down some pizza!!! Then, we went for ice cream and headed home. It was such a good time. It was kinda fun to see what it was like to be a little girl again. I even started to act like one a little...jamming out to "Party in the USA" (the the utter embarassment of Brooklynn, I'm sure). However, I know her friends thought I was soooooo cool! (right?)

Later that night we had cake and ice cream and opened presents with family. We bought her a set of golf clubs. She has never asked for them, but she has always seemed interested so we thought we just go for it. She loves them. She is constantly begging to go hit balls...she and Wade are gonna have a blast! It was a great day and fun for all.

I am still having a hard time processing the fact that we have a 7 year old. I pulled out Brooklynn's baby book (she's the only one that has one) and started reading it with her and I started to cry. I am one proud mama! I just can't believe how time goes in the blink of an eye. I always remember hearing that as a kid and I always wondered what adults meant because my days seemed to last forever....now I know. As a parent, you want your kids to stay a certain way for longer than they do...I cherish every moment I have with my children, though at times it may seem hard:) I love being a mom...it is the best thing I have ever done. By far my biggest and best accomlishment....nothing even comes close:) Lucky for me, I have great kids. Oh, and I have a pretty great husband, too!

3 comments:

tworeeders said...

Your dad and I are so proud of the young mother you have become. We love and are so happy she is such a wonderful and loving granddaughter!!!!

Adaire and Will said...

The golf clubs are cute and so is the birthday girl. Tell her Uncle Will will be so proud of her golfing skills.

Reeders said...

Love the pics! She is such a cute girl... I can't believe she's so grown up!