Thursday, May 27, 2010




It has been super busy around our house these last couple weeks. I don't know where to start...because even though I have been running, there's still not much new.
I can't wait for school to be out. I am ready for a little break from the usual routine. I am tired of homework 5 nights a week. I am tired of getting up at 7:30 every day. I am tired of coming and going day in and day out. (we live less than a mile from the school, so there is no bus...we have to take and pick up every...single...day.) But most of all, I am ready for all of my kids to be home and to be able to do fun things with them, whenever we please.
I have been called to be the Primary President in our ward. I am so excited. REALLY!!! I am thrilled. I have been in primary for 7 of the 9 years we have been here, and I finally feel like I know what I am doing and that I am acutally pretty good at it. I love the kids and I love being able to be a part of their lives. I love that I been forced out of my comfort zone because it is making me grow. I am truly honored to have been chosen. Hopefully I can do the job justice.
I also received a phone call from the PTA president earlier this week. I guess the pricipal gave the president my name (he knows Wade, therefore he knows me) and thought maybe I would want to be on the board. This, for some reason makes me incredibly nervous. She asked if I wouldn't mind being over the reflections program for the upcoming school year. I said I would, but I honestly have no clue what it really is or what I am supposed to do. Uh oh. I am still wondering how I went from a mom that helped out once a month (only because I work) to a mom that is on the PTA board in charge of a fairly large project. Again, hopefully I will be able to figure it all out and do a decent job. Or, I guess if I am really terrible they will know NOT to ask me again...we shall see.
My kids and my husband are doing great. Wade is such a huge support to me. I don't know how I could accomplish anything if he wasn't either taking care of the kids or doing the actual task for me. I've said it a million times, but I'll say it again...I am one lucky lady.
Brooklynn had her 1st grade program yesterday. It was darling. Aside from the occasional nose and wedgey picking, she was flawless:) It was so funny because when she starting picking her nose, I got a little embarassed and tried to get her attention to tell her to knock it off. I couldn't get her to look at me, but I was a little less embarassed when I saw about 5 other kids doing the same thing...must be something about 1st graders. Still, we had to have a little chat after...gross!
Anniston is a silly girl. She is our little handfull. I talked to her soon to be preschool teacher and told her how excited Annie is to be starting school, but how worried I was for her (the teacher) because Anniston is such a busy little thing. She assured me that she will do great. I know she will but it will definatley be a change.
Hawkins is a little mover. He is crawling and standing and he is ALL over the place. It it so hard some days to keep him where I know he will be safe. He is also putting EVERYTHING in his mouth. In the last week, I have found wrappers, polly shoes, barbie bracelets and loose carpet strings in his mouth. Oh the fun. I have to admit I do vacuum more often now.
That's all for now....until next .time

2 comments:

tworeeders said...

i sure love each one of these kiddos and their little personalites!!!!!

Britt said...

Wow, Primary President, that's a big calling! Good for you!