This has been the week from....well...you know. It is spring break for Brooklynn so we had a few fun things planned to do together as family, but it just didn't work out. I came home from work on Monday night to find my husband doubled over in pain. He was trying to be tough, but it just would not let up. He didn't sleep a wink, which means I didn't sleep much either. I felt so bad for him because there was NOTHING I could do. Tuesday morning, I decided he needed to go to the doctor. Lucky for us, his older brother is a P.A. and he met us at his office to check him out. He gave him a couple shots and told him to go home and rest but if it didn't subside, then he would need to do some more tests. Two days later, he was still in just as much pain so we went back in (this time Wes was out of town) and saw another doc. He checked him out, did blood work, and today we did an ultrasound. The verdict.....surgery next week to remove his gall bladder. Who would have thought that measley organ could cause so much grief? I have to say that I am relieved to know what is wrong. I was so worried and of course, you know me, I always jump to "worst case". At least now we know what we need to do and he should be feeling better in no time:)
The wonderfully funny thing is....we have had a great week with our kids. Wade and I were just talking about how even though we haven't been able to do much (going to the park, sidewalk chalk, riding bikes is about all) we have had so much fun. He and I have been much more patient than usual, and there has been so much more peace in our home. The girls have been getting along great, Hawkins is finally getting over ear infections and we have just been so content to do simple things. We have known all along that the feelings in our home start with us, but sometimes we just get so busy with life, that we forget to enjoy each other. It has been a real wake up call for us. We need to slow down and take the time to just be a family. We are going to try harder to keep this up. Our kids just grow up so fast...we don't need to waste too much time being frustrated and annoyed. In know somedays are gonna be crappy, but at least now we have recognized what we, as parents, can do better....and hopefully we will:)
2 comments:
I've never been in more pain than when I had my gall bladder attack. And I've had three C-sections. Good luck to Wade, he'll feel so much better when its out.
It's amazing how our attitude as parents affect our kids. When I'm more patient, my kids behave better. So weird. Sorry it was such a long week, and good luck next week!
Did you write this just for me? I really need to practice patience with my kids, especially this week.
Post a Comment