Tuesday, December 1, 2009

This and That...

Just because she is so darn cute...even with chocolate over her little face...
We finally got our Christmas tree up. I hope that we will be able to enjoy it...Christmas is sneaking up so fast. While we were decorating it, Brooklynn said "Ya know, this really isn't as fun as I thought it would be." She is turning out to be more and more like me every single day. I love to have it up and done, but I don't especially enjoy doing it. Is that strange?

So here it is...the quilt that I helped make. My friend, Bethany, did most of the work and I LOVE it. I have never made a quilt before, and I probably won't ever do it again. I had no idea how much work it requires and it is just not my cup of tea. (not work itself, just that type of work.) I wish I liked to do cute crafty things, but I don't seem to have the patience for it. Maybe it is something I can try again at a later date...when I don't have 3 active children running around constantly wanting my attention...maybe not.
I go back to work in less that 2 days and I have really mixed emotions about it. I am nervous to be away from my baby (and girls for that matter) for such long days. But, at the same time, I am excited to be able to get out and be productive. I really have missed my friends from work. I have a great job with great people. Really, if I have to go back to any job, I am lucky that it is the one that I have. I will let ya know how it all goes. I am just sad to think that Hawkins will be asleep when I get home. I won't see him ALL day...sigh....It will be ok....it has to be.




3 comments:

Reeders said...

He is getting so BIG I can't believe it! Such a cute little man!! And I LOVE that quilt you made, it's darling.

Adaire and Will said...

The quilt turned out awesome! Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Britt said...

I love the quilt! Have fun going back to work. I know how you feel. Happy to be there, but happy to be at home too.