Today was a big day at our house. Our little girl started 1st grade. We are still in dis-belief. Can we really have a 6 year old? It seems like just yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital. I have decided that time goes by entirely too fast, especially when you are a parent. It's almost as if you blink, and they have grown up. It makes me sad but at the same time it makes me so excited. It is fun to see what kind of choices they will make and what they will turn out to be. It is such an incredible experience to be a mother. It is the best "job" in the world.
We had a neat experience last night. Wade had the opportunity to give Brooklynn a Father's Blessing. It is something that we decided to do each year before school starts (as I am sure many others do.) Well, last year was kind of hard because Brooklynn didn't really get the concept and what a blessing really was. This year was different. She was excited. She asked her dad to give her a blessing and when he was through, she was very thoughtful and very grateful. It was awesome because as soon as she got done, Anniston immediately got up and hopped in the chair and said "okay Daddy, my turn!" So Wade gave her a Father's Blessing as well. My kids and I are so lucky to have a father/husband that can do that for us and bring comfort to us when we need it.
Next week is another big day. We will be having our baby boy. (Unless I am lucky enough to go any sooner.) I am nervous but so incredibly excited. The doc says this baby is a big one and he could be close to 9 lbs. Holy Cow! If that is really the case, I won't need many of the newborn clothes that I have bought. (they only go up to 8 lbs.) How funny is that? So, keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I am most nervous about being in the hospital for 3 days. I hate to be away from my girls. Wade and our parents will have to bring them down everyday for lots of visits....even if they are a little freaked out by the whole idea.
Well, that is it for now. I will post next when the newest Webster is here!
2 comments:
So cute! Both of the girls hair is getting so long, I love it. Can't wait to meet the new addition!
We can't believe we have a first grader already where has the time gone. She is so beautiful and we are very proud to be her grandparents. The picture of Annie is precious. So typical of her.
Post a Comment