
He finally arrived...and we are so proud to be his parents. I actually ended up having him a day earlier than we had planned. I was scheduled to have a c-section on the 8th but apparently he had other plans because I started having contractions at 12am on the 7th. We were a little nervous because we knew that being a holiday the chances of my doctor being there, were slim...we were right. Oh well, sometimes that's just the way it goes.
Hawkins was born at 11:03am. He weighed 8lbs 3ozs and was 21 inches. He is perfect and he is such a good little boy. So far (I am keeping my fingers crossed) he is only waking up one time in the night. Around 2:00 and then he wakes again around 6:30. I can totally handle that. Especially because I have a wonderful husband who trades off nights with me. I feel really blessed.
The girls are doing wonderful. I'm not gonna lie, there are definate moments of defiance and sassiness, but overall I think that they are adjusting well. Brooklynn is a great helper and Anniston really wants to be...she's just not quite ready for it. They both AdOre him to no end. He is one lucky baby boy.
I am exhausted and I hate that feeling more than anything. I feel like all I do is "take it easy" but I still never feel quite rested. I know that will go with time, but for now it is really annoying. Other than that, I feel pretty good. Of course I am sore, but it gets better every day. I just have to keep reminding Anniston that she can't bounce around on me so much.
I am dreading having Wade go back to work. It has been so nice to have him here to help. It will be a couple of interesting days trying to get a routine down. Wish me luck!
3 comments:
Congratulations, he is just beautiful! Good luck with figuring out your routine.
What a cutie!! I can't wait to come see him.
Candace, I love him. I want a boy so bad. It may have to wait under my circumstances but maybe someday!!!! congratulations!
Post a Comment