Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Quite the Trip We Planned...












So I am not gonna lie, this was perhaps the crappiest vacation I have ever been on. Don't get me wrong, there were definately some good parts, but it was certainly not what we had anticipated. The drive to Seattle was not so bad, it took us just about 12 hours. It was long, but we enjoyed each others company. The hardest part was getting gone, we had a hard time leaving our kids. Something just did not feel right....looking back on it, we can totally see why. The first day we were there, we went down to the Public Market and walked around the pier, then we went to the Space Needle then enjoyed the rest of our evening at our hotel. It was a good thing that we did all of that then, because the second day we were there Wade got REALLY really sick. We couldn't venture too far from our room and when all Wade really wanted to do was sleep. He had the stomach flu something fierce. We attempted lunch with our friend Camery, and Wade ended up nearly passing out and throwing up at the resturant. He was completley mortified. He hasn't been that sick....EVER!!! So as you can see so far, not so great. Later that night when we called to check in on our kids (Brooklynn was complaining of a stomach ache earlier that day) we were informed that Brooklynn was also sick sick sick. She couldn't keep anything down and she also couldn't venture too far from the bathroom. So dealing with a sick husband in Seattle and worrying about a sick child at home, we had hardly anytime to enjoy ourselves. We did go to a baseball game the last night that we were there and that was a lot of fun. The Mariners lost, but it was still fun to see. I had never been to a game before and I am glad we got to do that. We headed home really early Sunday morning. I couldn't sleep so we finally just decided to hit the road. We made good time coming home, but boy am I sore. I have to say that we were so excited/relieved to see our kids. Brooklynn was finally feeling better and Anniston was terrific. We didn't get quite the welcome home that we were hoping for, but hey...did we really think we could compare with running thru the sprinklers? Needless to say....coming home was the very best part of our trip. We decided 5 days was just too darned long to be away from our girls.
Today, Wade and I both unexpectedly took the day off so we could have a family day together. We went to the park and had a little picnic, then we went and played tennis. It was such a nice day and we were so glad that we were able to have some quality fun time together.
I also just wanted to mention a big FAT thank you to both of our parents for taking such good care of our kids while we were gone. Our kids are so lucky to have such fun and caring grandparents that live so close and get to be apart of their lives almost on a daily basis. We couldn't do it without them.
So....anyone jealous yet?


3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, sounds crazy. That is too bad that Wade was so sick on the trip. And to have Brooklynn sick while you were gone! Yuck!

Britt said...

That's too bad, I wish you would have had more fun. You look great in the pictures by the way, I can hardly even tell you are pregnant!

Staci said...

You made me miss the Pacific Northwest just a little bit. Sucks that Wade was sick... You'll have to break away one more time before the babe comes.