Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Long Time....

It has been quite a while since my last post...I haven't been in the mood. I just don't feel like there is much new going on, although I know that hasn't stopped me before. So I will try my best to make this one interesting....HA!
The girls are good. They have been a little sick with colds and croup and all that fun stuff, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are all done. I am a nervous wreck when my kids are sick, so it is just best that they stay as healthy as possible :)
Brooklynn is still loving Kindergarten. We had her parent-teacher meeting last week and her teacher said that she is really growing and learning, especially during this last term. She said that she is really learning how to focus and get her work done. We were glad to hear that....sometimes we wonder because there are plenty of times that she tunes us out and does as she pleases at home. Her reading skills have really taken off, too. Wade and I have learned that we can no longer spell things in an attempt to hide certain things from her! Oh well.
Anniston is still just as fun as ever. She is now completely potty trained. I can't tell you how incredibly frustrating that was. Without writing every single episode, I will just tell about one, then you can see for yourself how crappy (no pun intended) it was.
I was just getting out of the shower and she was downstairs playing with her toys, so I asked her to come upstairs so we could get dressed. She yelled "I can't!" I said "Why not?" She says "Cuz I am picking up poop!" I ran down the stairs as fast as I could and sure enough, she had herself a little piece of toilet paper and she was picking up the mess she had left on the living room floor. Barf!!!! She had taken off her panties and pooped on the carpet. Is that not disgusting or what? I was so mad, I thought for sure that the way I handled it, she would not DARE to do it again. Wrong....she did it a couple days later on the kitchen floor for Wade. He must have handled it better, because ever since then she has been great. She hasn't had an "accident" for nearly 2 weeks. HOORAY!!!!! Other than that, she has been terrific. Loads of fun and full of personality!
I have been feeling really good. I am 17 or 18 weeks now and we get to find out if we will have another girl or get a boy next Tuesday. I can't wait to finally be able to start getting ready. I don't care either way, I just want him/her to be healthy. This pregnancy is different than my other 2 so I have been worrying myself. I haven't had much of an appetite, I haven't gained any weight (though I am showing a little), and the thing that bothers me the very most is that I haven't felt the baby move on a regular basis. Only here and there and not every day. So, needless to say, I am praying and hoping that all is well. I should be reassured by the fact that at my 12 week check the baby was moving out of control, and at my 16 week check, the heartbeat was great, but you know me....life just wouldn't be the same if I didn't have something to worry about!!!!
So there is the update...not too much is new, but at least I got one in, RIGHT?

4 comments:

Britt said...

I laughed out loud about Anniston picking up poop. At least she tried to clean up after herself! I haven't talked to you in forever!! I will be calling you.

I remember having the same worries when I was pregnant with Grey. He didn't move nearly as much as Sage did.

Staci said...

Last week I sent Sienna to the bathroom to go and when she was being really quiet I decided I better go check on her... There she was in Steve's shower going potty... I was so mad at her, but what do you do? Seriously, I HATE potty training. I'm glad you are feeling better. I can't wait to see your little belly. I didn't see you pregnant last time and I am so excited to find out what little baby Webster will be... I'm pulling for a boy, Wade needs a little more testosterone in that family :)

Adaire and Will said...

Oh my heck, that story about Annie is hilarious! Its a good thing you write this stuff down so you can tease her when she's older. Sounds like Brooklynn is as smart as ever too. Can't wait to see you guys. I'm off for Easter, so hopefully then.

Reeders said...

Woohoo! Tuesday!! Can't wait to find out!