Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A little laugh...

With the time change comes frustration. I will admit that I am not the greatest at the whole bedtime routine thing. We feel lucky if our kids are in bed by 9:30 so when we bump up an hour, it means HELL for us. So on Sunday night we started to try to wind down about 8pm. I took the kids up to bed and started to read (where we left off) Ramona the Brave. I honestly thought I had them just about asleep when I finished the book. NOPE! I turned out the lights, told the girls to get comfortable because we needed to get to bed. A temper tantrum came from out of no where and Brooklynn started crying and making up every excuse in the book to stay up. I was getting furious. I was trying so hard to keep my cool but I finally yelled "Brooklynn if you don't get to sleep I will take you in your room, (we were in my bed) turn out ALL of the lights, and close your door so I can't hear you cry!" She kinda looked at me funny and said in all seriousness..."Well, I can tell you didn't get enough sleep last night, you are grumpy!" I was so annoyed but I had to keep myself from laughing out loud. It was true though, I was so tired and I just wanted to go to sleep more than anything else. I guess it showed!

5 comments:

Britt said...

Oh, bedtime, it's a love/hate relationship at our house. Why do they have to fight it everytime?

That's cute that Brooklynn could tell that you were done.

Erin said...

Sometimes we just NEED them to get to bed, don't we? What a little cutie.

AlliFinn said...

i would have busted up. hope you start to feel better, and congratulations. Are you going to find out what you are having?

Brooke said...

Oh, I HATE the time change! Funny girl. I hate bedtime, too!

Staci said...

OK... We need a new post, everytime I click on your blog I am expecting a belly update or a picture of the cute girls... Can you get on that? Also, as soon as the weather warms up we are heading to the Zoo, you guys want to come?