So this past weekend was not too terribly eventful, so Wade and I decided that we would just hang out and watch some fun movies with the kids. As it turned out, they were all musicals. Our girls LOVE musicals. I love musicals....cheesy or not, I think they are fun. Brooklynn could watch Grease 24/7 if we would let her. (I know some of you may be thinking "they let her watch that?" and the answer is...yes. We figure that any of the raunchy stuff is way over her head-heck...I barely started catching on!) We didn't watch Grease this time, but I am sure that it won't be long until we do.
We watched Mamma Mia-this is a new purchase at our house and we love it. It is so incredibly hilarious that none of the actors can actually sing (except for the girl that plays Sophie) that it totally makes the movie. Brooklynn and Anniston sing and dance along with all of the songs.
Then we watched Mary Poppins. Need I say more? This is a classic and it is always Anniston's first choice when she gets to choose a movie. I never realized quite how long that movie is, but I guess it doesn't matter....it keeps us all entertained.
Of course we watched High School Musical 3. So cute. Wade and I were talking about it the other day and we wonder why they don't make more movies like it. It is clean, has a good message and it is a show for the entire family. Plus...it is a HUGE money maker. Weird.
Last but not least, we watched Hairspray (the new one). It is a funny show with a good message too. Plus, Brooklynn loves it because Zac Efron is in it. I must admit, he is a cute boy!
So, my question to all of you is...What is your favorite musical? I would love to rent new ones so we can mix things up a bit! And like I said, my kids adore them!!!! Almost as much as I do.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"Grease" is my all time favorite. I could watch it over and over. I also love the "Sound of Music" and "The Wizard of Oz."
Sage really likes "Wizard of Oz" too.
That sounds like a fun weekend to me. Well, Lets see....... I absolutely love Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables, but those are probably not what kids would be most interested in. I also love Chicago, which is also not very child apropriate. But, I have to say the best musical ever made is the Sound of Music. I used to watch it over and over as a kid.
My kids like the Wizard of Oz. They also like Mary Poppins. We haven't seen much else besides cartoons.
Love The Sound of Music too and Grease of course. What about Annie? I bet your girls would love that one.
Post a Comment