Tuesday, February 10, 2009
spoke too soon
In my last post I was "bragging" about how healthy my kids have been this entire winter. Within 2 days after posting, Brooklynn ended up with a cough and a few days later bright red cheeks and a rash from head to toe. She has/had fifth's disease. Terrific. We didn't even know until she broke out in the rash and apparently it is no longer contagious when the rash appears. She has felt fine aside from the cough...I guess that's the catch with this thing. The only real crappy part about this is that it is NOT good for pregnant women to be exposed to it. So now I have to go to the doctors office and have a series of blood tests done to make sure that I don't get it. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I don't end up with it. I guess the chances of something really terrible happening aren't high, but I just don't want to have to worry about it. Now, Anniston has had a bit of a fever and a cough, so I am just hoping that she doesn't end up with it, too. What fun it is at our house. It's funny though, because even though the girls supposedly haven't been feeling great, you would never be able to tell. I swear, nothing slows the down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's not fun. I hope everything goes okay. Let me know.
The lovely fifth disease. It went through my whole household. I even got it and so did my dad. My poor kids all got it one by one. I am pretty sure we passed it on to other kids because you are soo contageous when you don't even know you have it. To this day Lucy will still get blotches of it on her skin and she got it during the christmas break. Hope they are doing better soon.
Oh man! We had this three weeks ago...it went through the entire family! I really hope you don't get it. It's so frustrating because you don't know they have it until they aren't contagious anymore. Please keep us posted.
I hope everything is okay. That is not good! Darn. So sorry.
After 1 week of confinement to my house I am so done with SICK babies... There is nothing worse then watching them struggle... I can't imagine being up all night, working full time & being pregnant... You are superwomen.
Post a Comment