


After what I can only describe as the LONGEST winter, we finally had a nice, warm weekend. My girls enjoyed every single second of it. They were outside pretty much from sun up to sun down these last 2 days and it was so much fun for them. We went to breakfast on Saturday morning with my parents and then I had a hair appointment (I cut it in an A-line and put high lights in it....I like it okay) then we went down to the Websters to have some lunch. Our plan was to eat then go and run some errands in Provo but when lunch was over, my girls wanted nothing to do with leaving. Luckily, Ruth and Lynn offered to let them stay and play. It was acutally a double bonus....girls got to play outside and Wade and I got to go on little date by ourselves. It was a good day. Today, we went to church and then went back down to Websters for dinner. After dinner, we played and played and played and PLAYED!!!!! I am certain that I am more exhausted than Brooklynn and Anniston. It was so much fun to play outside in the warm sun. My kids go non-stop and I only wish that I had the energy that they did. Wouldn't that be great? Go and go and go then have a bite to eat and drink then without thinking, pick up and go and go and go again.....
So, I need some advice and I am not sure how to ask so I am just going to come out with it and I hope that someone has some helpful hints for me....I am a paranoid freak, to put it lightly. I worry about everything concerning my family and I do mean everything including things that don't even pertain to my family.....Lately, I have been really worried about Brooklynn. Why, you ask? Well, me too. Last summer she was sick, really sick and for 3 weeks we weren't sure what was wrong. After blood work, belly X-rays, barium tests, and a CT scan, it turned out to be pretty much nothing, possibly a bad case of reflux but that was never a definate, more than likely a virus. I think I am ruined for life now as far as worrying about a sick child. I am constantly worried that something is wrong. She is fine, don't get me wrong. She is active, she eats pretty good and she is perfectly normal in every sense of the word. She hasn't really even been sick since then, but for some reason, I can't stop thinking that there might be something really wrong. CRAZY, believe me I know but I don't know how to fix this unreasonable worrying. Please, if anyone has some advice, please.....help!
All this worry about Brooklynn and Anniston is the one that hasn't been feeling well. She has a really nasty cold. I feel so bad for her because she gets coughing so hard that she throws up. Poor little thing. I hope that she gets over it soon. It is no fun to be sick. She is such a little trooper though, she still wants to play and play. I guess maybe I should make her take it a little easy so that maybe she will get feeling better quicker....does that really work with kids though?
Brooklynn goes back to school tomorrow and I think that she is pretty excited. (this week has been spring break.) She loves pre school and her teacher is so much fun. I will be sad to see summer come, she has enjoyed it so much. Kindergarten in the fall....I can't belive I will have a child in elementary school. It freaks me out a little bit to be honest. She will love it though. She can't wait. She is growing up so fast and it is so fun to watch her learn as she grows.
Wade is doing well...just the same old stuff. I am so lucky to have the family that I have and to be the mother of these two girls. Heavenly Father has truly blessed me and most days I don't know what I did to deserve the wonderful life and family that I have. I just feel very priviledged to be entrusted with these beautiful girls. I am soooooo blessed.
2 comments:
Boy, I wish I had answers for you. As parents, we always know that something bad could happen, but if we focus on the negative, it can give us an ulcer! The psychologist in Christian would say every time you start feeling paranoid, to recognize what your body is feeling right then, and then take three or four deep breaths and relax every tensed muscle in your body. Talking about it with people always helps too. So good job bringing up in the blog, and let me (us) know if there is anything we can do to help!
I just love you to death. You are so dang cute. I don't think you will ever stop being paranoid, it's just part of being a parent. It's the greatest joy and the biggest stress. You want everything for your kids and you never want them to suffer. It sure makes you appreciate your own parents once you have your own. These are such cute pictures. We need to make a park date if it ever stops snowing... Seriously is it ever going to end??? How can you go from 70's to 4 inches of snow??? Gotta love UTah!
Post a Comment