This past Saturday Brooklynn was baptized. It was a great day with a lot of support from family and friends. I have to say, I was a little relieved once it was done. She was so nervous. Tears were running down her face until the moment she got into the font with her dad. She was terrified that she would fall, or that Wade would accidentally let her go...and so on. After she was baptized and she and I went into the dressing room to change, she had the biggest smile on her face and said, "MOM!!! That was awesome!!!" That was the best reaction I could have hoped for. It was such a special day. Words cannot express the joy that Wade and I have for her. We could not be more proud of her choice. We are constantly suprised at how smart she is in our church. She comes home every Sunday and tells us the lessons shes learning. It's slighly embarassing to admit, that some of the time they are things I have never known. She brings our family such happiness and we are truly blessed to have her.
The program was great. Grandpa Brooks talked about baptism and Grandpa Lynn talked about the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Kelsee and Lyndee sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" and it was beautiful. Uncle Cam and Grandma-Great said the prayers. It was nice to include so much of our family.
We know that Brooklynn will continue down the straight and narrow path. It's not always going to be easy, but she has a lot of support. She is loved by so many and has such wonderful examples to look to. We are so blessed to be a part of a church that teaches us how to live our lives. It truly is the plan of happiness.
1 comment:
What a special day for your family. I wish we could have been there. Can't believe she's already in 3rd grade! I was looking at our wedding photos the other day when she was just a baby... time goes by so fast. Hope you guys are doing well, we miss you.
Post a Comment