I feel like every time I blog, I have nothing new to report which is why there are such big gaps between posts. I am writing now still trying to think of the new things going on at our house and I am coming up short....AGAIN. Oh well, I will try anyways.
*Brooklynn* is doing so well in school. She love, love, loves her teacher, Miss Evans. She loves going to school and is really coming along well with her reading and writing. We are so proud of her. This entire year, she has only missed 1 word on all of her spelling tests. It has been so much fun watching the "light bulb" go off in her little head when it comes to reading. It's like she is finally loving it. In fact, she is upstairs reading to Anniston as I write. She is still doing tumbling and I sort of feel like we are at a stand still. She does awesome, but I really wish that she would learn some new things. I am sure there is a method to the entire process, but I hate feeling like she isn't learning anything new. She is a sweet girl but is somehow learning how to be incredibly sarcastic. It cracks me up most of the time, but sometimes she is a little sassy pants. Girls...I guess? She is a wonderful example to her little sister and brother. She is a great little helper and a life-saver to me a lot of days when I need an extra hand with Hawkins. I can't believe my little girl is 6 & 1/2. Crazy how time flies.
*Anniston* is our little sweetheart. She just has a way about her. She is so much fun. She is still all over her baby brother, but now he actually seems to enjoy her. He doesn't cringe when he hears the pitter-patter of her little feet coming toward him. She is also quietly mischevious. Like today, I told her not to change into her jammies at Grandma's house because we were leaving soon, and it wasn't quite time to get ready for bed (5:30pm)...she said okay, but then went missing for a few minutes only to return in her jammies. I found her clothes underneath the table. I love being home with her. She loves to dance and pose. She loves anything musical. Her favorite song to dance to is Single Ladies. It is adorable. We keep saying we need to get her into dance, but is she too little?
*Hawkins* is wonderful. I believe he is perfect in every way. He is a great baby with good temperment. I don't know how we got so lucky. He is a happy little guy. He is quite smiley and he loves to play with his toes. He started rolling over...he just has to figure out how to get is arm out from under him. He gets pretty frustrated after a minute. He loves his dad and his sisters. It is sweet to watch him stare at them while they are talking. He is a fun baby. I don't know what we would do without him. He's our little bud.
*Wade* is doing good too. He is on a weekend schedule for work that I could do without. I hate trying to get all of us ready for church by 9am on Sundays. I almost can't wait for Janurary to be over just for that reason. I can't imagine being a single mom. I don't think I could do it. I need the help, the support...the pep talks to keep me going somedays. His birthday is this weekend...32 years old. Man...are we that old??? I remember thinking that I wanted to be done having kids by the time I was 30 because it just seemed a) so far away & b) it was so old. Now I am almost there and I think to myself...I could do it again...easy.
*Me* I am enjoying being back to work. It makes me feel good. I am a better mom and wife. As bad as it sounds, I was never cut out to be a stay at home mom. I enjoy my job and feel lucky to have one..especially these days. I am happy and content in our life. I enjoy being boring....
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
BUT not as boring as your mom and dad!!!! We love each and everyone of our kids and grandkids, we are so very blessed to have all of you in our lives. I think we are the lucky ones!!!
Good to hear that everyone is doing well! So, about dancing. My sister in law put my neice in dance at 2 1/2 which I thought was way too young. But I was wrong! She has a blast and going to watch her recitals is SO FUN!!! So, I think you should, and then let us know when she has a performance. It's so fun (and funny) to watch the little ones perform!
These are the best kind of posts, I think they're the ones you'll appreciate when your kids are older.
I'm glad things are going well for you and I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who enjoys working outside the home...
Post a Comment